HE Space is a successful international space company. For over 30 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Payload Integration Manager to support our customer in the Netherlands. This is a 6 months assignment to cover the maternity leave.
Payload Integration Manager
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
The PIM is responsible for managing all the work related to their payloads to ensure that the work is brought to completion in time for the Certification of Flight Readiness (CoFR) and follows up the operations and post-operations phases.
As part of the Directorate of Human Spaceflight and Operations, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Review and analyse the ESR (Experiment Science Requirements), suggest changes if needed and present results to the board;
- Report the status and the potential issues of all the payloads via the PIM report;
- Perform research on new payloads (outlining the resources required including eventual planned maintenance, changes) from a start-up phase through development to integration;
- Coordinate the identification of the resolution and the possible work among the various parties in case of anomalies;
- Check compatibility of the crew training model;
- Provide expert advice to the USOC in the operational concept definition of payload characteristics and ISS or rack limitations.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- University degree (Msc) or equivalent qualification in an engineering or science (biology, medicine, physics, chemistry) discipline;
- Demonstrated experience in aerospace or human spaceflight activities management, including development, integration and on-orbit operations activities of complex payloads;
- Result oriented, good communicator with a strong stakeholder management skills;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk but an off-site work is also possible. We welcome applicants who are available from October 2015 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send us your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Ms Agnieszka Iwanczuk at email@example.com, quoting job NL-SC-2715.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!