HE Space is a successful international space company. For over 30 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a PA and Safety Engineer to support our customer in the Netherlands.
PA and Safety Engineer
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
In this role you will be a resident QA control and spacecraft integration and test (following spacecraft location). Your responsibilities will cover:
- Establish the PA&S requirements baseline for all elements of the project;
- Support the Tender Evaluation Process;
- Review contractor’s plans, specifications and effort proposed for the execution of the project PA&S programme;
- Monitor project & PA status and identify relevant PA issues;
- Assess the implementation of PA&S requirements by contractors;
- Participate to and represent ESA in review boards;
- Guide and monitor the application and procurement of EEE parts, materials and processes and control implementation of applicable requirements;
- Monitor the manufacturing, integration and test activities with quality assurance audits;
- Define the formal acceptance requirements and conduct the Acceptance Reviews;
- PA for the verification, qualification, acceptance & delivery activities;
- Participate in progress meetings, CCB meetings and project reviews;
- Support the Risk Management and Configuration Management Processes;
- Review ESA Alerts and ESA IPNs (Internal Problem Notifications);
- Support the monitoring of manufacturing, integration and test activities.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- University degree (or equivalent) in engineering or other relevant field;
- Senior level experience in product and quality assurance in the space domain;
- Very good interpersonal skills, as well as good organization and communication skills, with the ability to work in a diverse and multinational team environment;
- Knowledge of Configuration Management or the implementation of Product Assurance within a quality system certified to ISO 9001 would be an asset;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage;
This job is located in Noordwijk and involves extensive travel. We are looking for candidates who are available from October 2015 (or as soon as possible thereafter). If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send us your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Ms Agnieszka Iwanczuk at email@example.com, quoting job NL-SC-2723 before 28-Aug-15.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!