HE Space is a successful international space company. For over 30 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for Project Management Support for our customer in Germany.
Project Management Support
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
In support of the EUMETSAT Polar System Second Generation (EPS-SG) Ground Segment Manager and the team, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Participate in team management meetings and in meetings with partner agencies, contractors, internal stakeholders, etc. as appropriate;
- Track progress against agreed development plans and signal any likely or identified deviations from these plans, together with proposals to reduce the impact of any delays;
- Track actions and risks, analysing and reporting critical issues to the Project Manager, and support the close out of such actions and risk mitigation activities;
- Prepare minutes of meetings and correspondence to industry and/or EUMETSAT partners;
- Contribute to the preparation and execution of the Project Reviews from a management standpoint;
- Contribute to maintaining the project schedule in coordination with EPS-SG team members, perform a critical path analysis of the schedule;
- Support the Project Manager and team in maintaining project documents such as the Project Management Plan, Product Tree, Team Organisation Chart, Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and related documents;
- Prepare presentations and synthetic progress reports for internal (e.g. report to senior management) and external purposes;
- Follow up subsystem development activities;
- Support the control of the baseline definition of the ground segment;
- Support on a case by case basis the other Programmes within the LEO Division in Project management support activities;
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- University degree in the domain of engineering, science, business administration or equivalent;
- Several years of experience performing project management activities;
- Several years of experience working on large and complex development projects in the aerospace (or similar) domain; Experience of working on a collaborative programme between different partners;
- Ability to make synthesis from various written or verbal inputs with excellent English writing skills;
- Good computing skills with strong experience of MS Office software (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Project, etc.).
The following skills would be an asset:
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance procedures and processes;
- Certification in project management or in project management disciplines;
- Knowledge of systems development lifecycle;
- Experience of Ground Segment development for Earth Observation systems;
- Knowledge of ECSS standards.
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Darmstadt, Germany. We welcome applicants who are available from January 2016 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send us your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Ms Karina Specht at email@example.com, quoting job DED-SC-2766 before 16-Oct-15.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
Please note: Due to work permit requirements for this position, please apply only if you are citizen of a European Union state or if you are eligible to obtain a work permit for Germany.