HE Space is a successful international space company. For over 30 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Mission Data Systems Engineer to support our customer in Germany.
Mission Data System Engineer
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
You will be a part of the Sentinels Data Systems Management Teams; the responsibilities will cover the areas of the two Mission Data Systems (MDS): Sentinels Mission Control Systems Engineering support and Sentinels Simulators Engineering support:
you will have the following duties:
- Specification of the software requirements as well as internal and external interfaces in collaboration with the operational users;
- Acceptance of the deliverables received from industry, ensuring correctness, completeness and compliance to the applicable requirements;
- Support to the mission operations staff as required in the various operational phases, including System Validation Tests, simulation campaign and in software support coordination as part of the Flight Control Team during critical operations;
- Participation in research and development in the area of mission data systems;
- Participate in the testing and validation of the various infrastructure elements used by the Sentinels MDS as well as definition of the future evolution of these systems.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Good MCS and SIM knowledge, e.g. MICONYS and SIMULUS;
- Ability to understand and accurately predict behavior of complex systems;
- Working with operational missions similar to Copernicus/Sentinels;
- Experience with pre-launch activities and launch campaigns of satellites;
- Experience in software/system design methodologies;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Darmstadt. If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send us your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Ms Agnieszka Iwanczuk at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job DED-SC-2831 before 31-Oct-15.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
Please note: Due to work permit restrictions for this position, please apply only if you are citizen of a European Union state or if you are eligible to obtain a work permit for Germany.