HE Space is a successful international space company. For over 30 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Radio Navigation Engineer to support our customer in the Netherlands.
Radio Navigation Engineer
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Radio Navigation System Implementation & Verification Section at ESTEC you will have the following responsibilities:
- Support to Navigation Projects (e.g. EGNOS and GALILEO) for signal design for current and future evolution of the systems;
- Participation in studies supporting current and future radio navigation system definition and/or analysis (EGNOS/GALILEO evolutions and GPS modernisation) regarding system, signals-in-space design and ground processing;
- Design, definition and follow up of industrial contract related to the procurement of GNSS receiver for infrastructure or user applications;
- Design, definition and follow up of R&D contract related to the procurement of GNSS future ground/space infrastructure receiver and user technology;
- Support implementation, maintenance and operation of complex Radio Navigation simulation and test facilities for testing receivers and applications;
- Support design and testing of Radio Navigation equipment;
- Support End to End GALILEO/EGNOS System Integration, Validation and Qualification activities in particular in the area of receiver and user equipment testing.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Masters Degree in Telecom Engineering , Electrical Engineering, Physics or Aerospace Engineering;
- Strong knowledge in the design of satellite navigation systems, ranging and positioning techniques, RF, signal processing techniques, and digital navigation receivers;
- Several years of experience on GNSS systems and equipment and a good knowledge of Radio Navigation simulation and testing systems;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk. We welcome applicants who are available from January 2016 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send us your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Ms Karina Specht at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job NL-SC-2835 before 30-Oct-15.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!