HE Space is a successful international space company. For over 30 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Galileo System and Service Operations Engineer to support our customer in the Netherlands.
Galileo System and Service Operations Engineer
Key tasks and responsibilities
In this role you will be part of the Galileo System and Flight Operations team.You will have the following responsibilities:
- Maintain and upgrade the Operations Service project documentation;
- Identify the required Operational Improvements based on Operational experience and trend analysis results;
- Interface with the System design experts to ensure that the system functionalities and performances fulfil the mission objectives and operability requirements for all the expected System Builds;
- Support GPO on the interactions with GSA on the definition of the operational aspects required for the Service Provision;
- Support the enhancing of operational planning processes and operational interfaces;
- Participation to Engineering Boards and System and Segment’s Working Groups;
- Active participation to Galileo System Project Reviews and coordination of the interaction between the operations team and the System Team;
- Follow the definition and implementation of the overall Service KPIs to be applied to Galileo during the Initial Service Validation and Provision phases;
- Support the preparation and validating the operational procedures for interfacing with the external service providers;
- Manage the Operational Interfaces with the Service Centres, and the delivery of the agreed products (OSM, OSP, ORSI, etc);
- Organization of OSMBs and coordination of the LTP preparation ensuring that the OSMB outcomes are properly taken into account and flown down also at MTP level;
- Management of Planning Requests affecting service provision and Service related incidents analysis investigation;
- Organization and chair of the Service Anomaly Review Boards;
- Attendance of Anomaly Review Boards and Configuration Control Board;
- Support the achievement of Operations readiness for GALILEO Services Provision;
- Development in collaboration with the G2G Project Experts the definition of the G2G services.
Skills and Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- University degree in an engineering discipline;
- Solid experience in operations engineering, operations preparation and execution, with some experience in management tasks;
- Familiarity with spacecraft and ground segment subsystem knowledge;
- Hands-on experience in a commercial/industrial environment is required;
- Experience related to developments in the Galileo project (GIOVE, IOV, FOC) would be considered an asset;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk. We welcome applicants who are available from December 2015 (or as soon as possible thereafter) and have/are eligible for security clearance. If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send us your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Ms Corrina Scheepmaker at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job DED-2842 before 28-Oct-15.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!