HE Space is a successful international space company. For over 30 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a System Operations Engineer to support our customer in Germany.
System Operations Engineer
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Remote Sensing and Products team and supporting the Copernicus Sentinel-3 (S-3), you will have the following responsibilities:
- Definition and maintenance of system operations procedures, including System and ground segment procedures and operations guides;
- Definition and maintenance of JORPs and OICDs with external partners;
- Liaison with the spacecraft operations team to ensure the continuity and optimisation of spacecraft monitoring and control activities;
- Liaison and coordination with the ground segment facility operations teams and system operations analysts to ensure the continuity and optimisation of ground segment and mission operations;
- Interface and coordination with the systems maintenance teams and industry representatives to ensure optimised performance, including participating in the definition and implementation of any changes;
- Provision of support to operational ground segment analyses;
- Provision of stand-by/on-call support as system operations engineer, on an "as needed" basis. This will be coordinated through the normal on-call process;
- Provision of support, as required, to critical operations;
- Processing and coordination of system anomalies, their documentation, investigation, classification and resolution/mitigation, including participation in Anomaly Review Boards;
- Participation in technical meetings, formal reviews, and scheduling and planning meetings;
- Processing and coordination of system modifications, including documentation, approval, and implementation, participation in Change Review Boards;
- Support to, and participation in, the functional verification and operational validation of system upgrades and evolutions, both standalone and in the context of the overall S-3 ground segment.
- Provision of training to other members of the Operations Team.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- University degree (or equivalent ) in relevant technical discipline;
- Several years of experience in System Operations in a real-time LEO and/or GEO operations environment;
- Experience in defining and implementing the verification and validation of ground segment systems;
- Experience in defining, integration, acceptance testing and operation of mission data systems;
- Experience in the definition and maintenance of operational interfaces;
- Experience in project and technical management and coordination;
- Experience in Earth Observation ground segments, systems operations, operations security, coordination of systems development and upgrades within a 24/7 operations environment and Windows & Linux operating systems is an asset;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Darmstadt. We welcome applicants who are available from January 2016 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send us your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Ms Karina Specht at email@example.com, quoting job DED-SC-2848 before 02-Nov-15.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
Please note: Due to work permit requirements for this position, please apply only if you are citizen of a European Union state or if you are eligible to obtain a work permit for Germany.