HE Space is a successful international space company. For over 30 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a CDF System and Software Engineer to support our customer in the Netherlands.
CDF System and Software Engineer
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Concurrent Design Facility (CDF) Team at ESTEC you will provide system engineering support to the Galileo System and Platform activities, with the following responsibilities:
- Participation to satellite acceptance and flight readiness reviews, launch readiness and operations reviews;
- Participation to the platform commissioning phases of the Galileo FOC satellites;
- Participation to the in orbit testing phases of the Galileo FOC satellites and coordination of payload specialist support;
- Support to the resolution of in-flight payload anomalies of all Galileo satellites in orbit; including participation to, and preparation for, relevant NRB’s and ARBs;
- Assistance in the resolution of anomalies between the system/ground segment/operations interface to payload units of Galileo satellites in orbit;
- Support to in orbit maintenance activities including preparation and implementation of changes;
- Monitoring and identification of trends of critical Galileo satellite parameters.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- University degree in a relevant field;
- Several years of experience in satellite activities and more specifically in satellite system activities;
- Good knowledge and proven experience in spacecraft systems in project phases and in particular late and operational phases, as well as in mission design and analysis;
- Demonstrated capabilities to work in space projects with complex technical and industrial interfaces;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage;
- Applicants must be eligible to obtain security clearance by their national security administration. Being already in possession of security clearance will be considered an asset for the selection.
This job is located in Noordwijk. We welcome applicants who are available from December 2015 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send us your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Ms Agnieszka Iwanczuk at email@example.com, quoting job NL-SC-2851 before 10-Nov-15.