HE Space is a successful international space company. For over 30 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Microwave Radiometer Performance Engineer to support our customer in the Netherlands.
Microwave Radiometer Performance Engineer
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
In this role you will be part of the MetOp-SG team at ESTEC. You will have the following responsibilities:
- Technical support to the assessment and verification of the instruments end-to-end performances;
- Analysis of the Ground Processor Prototype, GPP, and Instrument Data Simulator, IDS, requirements;
- Monitoring of the development of GPP and IDS of the related instruments, including payload common parts;
- Review of the GPP and IDS Input/Output Design Specifications;
- Support to EUMETSAT documentation review (L1b products specifications, L1b Algorithms Theoretical Baseline Documentation, ATBD);
- Review of Characterisation, Calibration and In-Orbit Verification Plans;
- Review of instrument performance models, instrument radiometric/geometric models;
- Improvement and maintenance of performance and data processing tools (models, performances, budgets);
- Assessment of non-compliances and RFDs/RFWs related to instrument performances;
- Critical review of Best Practices ITT packages for GPP and IDS procurements.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- University degree (preferably Masters) in engineering or physics with a background in microwave radiometer instruments for remote sensing;
- Good understanding of the overall instruments, including background in modelling of the observation techniques, end-to-end performance estimation, level1b processing and instrument characterisation;
- Experience with Microwave Radiometers data processing and instrument modelling is an asset;
- Proficient user of computer programs such as Excel, Matlab,etc.;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk. We welcome applicants who are available from February 2016 (or as soon as possible thereafter). If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send us your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Ms Agnieszka Iwanczuk at email@example.com, quoting job NL-SC-2877 before 02-Dec-15.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!