|Location||Luxembourg - Betzdorf|
|Category||Business Dev. / Strategic Management|
• Consistent implementation of SES Strategies by assuring a role of centre of expertise for regional development team for topics/themes as defined in the strategic plan (eg. Telco/Hybrid solutions, DTH turn-key solutions, Digital Transition themes, Broadband development topics, MNO, etc.)
• Contribute to the development of new business opportunities, and manage associated initiatives and projects, with the objective to generate additional revenues on the mid- to long- term.
o Development areas include: customers, vendors, partnerships, M&A’s, frequencies and space and ground assets, financing and services provided
Key Contributor to the Business Development activities within the BD-EMEA team to carry out a.o. the following main tasks in accordance with the approved Business Development process
• Lead/contribute to the execution of selected strategic initiatives
• Contribute to the role of centre of expertise, and support function to the sub-regions (beyond EMEA, if required), for “horizontal” topics/themes as defined in the strategic plan (eg. Telco/Hybrid solutions, DTH turn-key solutions, Digital Transition themes, Broadband Development, MNO, etc.)
• Under the supervision of the sub-regional leaders, manage “vertical” projects with respect to market entry strategy, partnership option assessments, and execution of long-term strategic customer initiatives, business opportunities and structured deals.
• Provide topical strategic assessments to Executive Management, Sales and Service Companies.
• For these purposes
o Guide and closely work with other BD functions incl. Market Intelligence, M&A, Spectrum and Fleet Management, etc.
o Interface and engage with external partners (e.g. customers, Government bodies, investment partners, vendors, shareholders, etc.) and represent SES at exhibitions, trade shows and conferences.
• Minimum of 5 years of professional experience, preferably with 2 or more years in the satellite, media or telecommunications industries;
• Master of Business Administration (MBA) or comparable degree;
• Demonstrated past experience in business development, technological innovation, and implementation of complex projects in multi-cultural environments;
• Thorough understanding of, and past experience in, the satellite, media and telecommunications market place;
• Fluency in English, other languages being considered an asset;
• Ability to communicate and drive results at all levels of the organisation;
• Excellent Project Management skills with focus on execution and implementation;
• Good analytical and communication / presentation skills;
• Be a pro-active team player with strong relationship building qualities and the ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines;
• Understanding the market dynamics and technological drivers in the media, and the telecommunication industries, and help formulate the consequential innovation & development strategies;
• Ability to identify and effectively implement change and solve problems.