We are looking to recruit for our client a:
This is a permanent position at our client’s headquarters in Munich, Germany. In this Small to Medium Enterprise you will find an excellent and modern working environment with very challenging tasks and responsibilities.
Your Tasks Include:
The post-holder will lead
· Flight Hardware Projects
· Technology Development Projects
in the area of reflector antennas, lightweight structures, deployable structures and thermal hardware for space applications. The incumbent shall be able to lead the projects technically and managerial. Please be aware that we are not looking for a project manager profile only but for a person who is leading, coordinating and controlling the technical development with appropriate background in technical know-how. The main tasks of the post include the following:
System Engineering (priority):
· Technical management of projects and feasibility studies
· Focal customer interface for technical aspects
· Focal internal interface for design, development and verification aspects
· Definition of requirements and elaboration of sub-element specifications
· Development of system architecture, top level product tree and overall design
· Interface engineering, mass budget and performance analysis and control
· Technical change management, identification and monitoring of changes
· Technical subcontractor- and supplier management
· Technical analysis of request for proposals
· Preparation/lead of technical proposals
· Analysis & review of concurrent design activities in respect of mechanical systems
· Providing functional support to approved projects for all aspects related to mechanical systems and configuration, structural design, analysis and mechanical testing
· Identifying critical development problems and their resolution; this includes evaluating complete thermo-mechanical systems
· Test planning and coordination of material - up-to subsystem level tests
· Evaluation of test results and elaboration of conclusions, definition of consequences
· Verification control
· Identification and management of technical risks.
· Management of a technology study up to a flight hardware project
· Internal staff management
· Subcontractor/supplier selection and management
· Risk management, change management
· Schedule management and meetings organization; plan & track deliverables
· Analysis of received request for proposals and lead of preparation of proposals
· Identifying critical development problems and their resolution
· Preparing and conducting major reviews within R&D and commercial projects.
Applicants should have as a minimum:
· More than 5 years of experience in relevant jobs
· Strong technical background in at least one of the following disciplines: lightweight structures, CFRP composite structures, deployable structures, antennas, thermal subsystems.
· Ability to satisfy both, Customer requirements as well as company level goals
· Ability to have always in mind most important requirements and applicable document
· Knowledge in space flight hardware projects
· Knowledge about ESA ECSS standards
· Good knowledge in English (writing and speaking)
· MS office S/W tools (minimum: MS Word, MS Excel, Power Point, MS Project).
· Master’s degree in mechanical/aerospace engineering or physics.
An asset would be knowledge in items like spacecraft and payload structures, CFRP materials, reflector antennas, optical structures, multilayer insulation, radiators, electronic housings, MGSE, mechanisms, coating, 3D printing, structural design and analysis, thermal design and analysis, kinematic analysis, radiation analysis, production, assembly, alignment, material characterization, environmental testing (static, dynamic, thermal, thermo-elastic, acoustic, metrology), document management, configuration management, quality assurance, contacts in space community.
Candidates should have the ability to deal with customers, sub-contractors, partner companies and internal staff via excellent soft skills like representatively, communicative, mentally strong, ability to delegate tasks, leadership, be convincing. They should have the ability to work autonomously, effectively, systematically and cooperatively in a diverse and international team environment and to define and implement solutions in line with team and individual objectives and project deadlines. In addition, candidates should have good analytical, organizational and reporting skills, a proactive attitude to solving problems and an interest in innovative technologies.
We appreciate applications from high potentials over 35 years up to very experienced candidates far above 50!
· Our Client offers the chance to actively take part in the growth of an international operating company but still keeping the friendly working environment of an SME (Small/Medium Enterprise). All staff is continuously involved in company strategy items and can influence the growth of the company. Improvement suggestions are highly welcome.
· One / Two days travel to different European sites of Customers or subcontractors, or to the daughter company in Porto, Portugal, could be part of the monthly business.
· A fourdayperweek contract might be possible. Self‐responsible flexibility in working time per day is the company culture. Documented in our Quality Management System is not only the goal to deliver high end technology and to maintain financial health of the company, but also a very high degree of employee satisfaction.
· In case of excellent results, a future participation to Company shares might be offered.
LOCATION: Munich, Germany
CLOSING DATE: 31st January 2016
MOLTEK has been serving the space and aerospace industries since 1995, providing international consultancy services for a wide variety of clients from private and public corporations to national and international authorities and agencies.
For more detailed information about MOLTEK go to: