We are looking to recruit for our client a:
Product Assurance (PA) Engineer
This is a permanent position at our client’s headquarters in Munich, Germany. In this Small to Medium Enterprise you will find an excellent and modern working environment with very challenging tasks and responsibilities.
Your Tasks Include:
Depending on the qualification, the post-holder will perform following items 1&4, or lead 1&2 + 4, or partly 1&4 + 2&3:
1. Product Assurance on project level
2. Quality Assurance on company level including lead of internal/external
3. PA/QA staff Quality Management System of HPS group
4. Technical Support in R&D projects.
The focus of the respective products and developments is in the area of reflector antennas, lightweight structures, deployable structures, thermal hardware such as multilayer insulation for space applications. The main tasks of the post include the following:
Project Product Assurance:
· Lead, planning and conductance of PA/QA tasks dedicated to a specific project
· Definition of subcontractor- and supplier PA tasks, supplier evaluation
· Control of subcontractor- and supplier PA and monitoring of procurement activities
· Material, parts and processes assurance (internal/exernal)
· Definition and coordination of inspection program
· Planning and conductance of MIPS and KIPS
· Analysis of request for proposals and preparation of such w.r.t. PA activities
· Identifying critical development problems and trace their resolution
· Supervision of material characterization campaigns up to subsystem level test campaigns
· Evaluation of test results and elaboration of conclusions, definition of consequences
· Monitoring of qualification status
· Non-conformance control, reporting, processing and management (same for RFW/RFD)
· Preparation of project PA documentation (e.g. PA Plan, Cleanliness Control, Plan, etc)
· Review and signature of project documents
· Configuration management and control.
Company Quality Manager:
· Control of conformance of work with company’s quality management system
· Control, coordination and support of PA and inspection personnel
· Top-level monitoring of R&D and project activities
· Control and management of corrective and preventive actions on company level
· Control the status and effectiveness of the lessons learnt process and database
· Check calibration status of equipment, tools, facilities
· Planning and performance of internal and external audits
· Staff training on quality management system.
Quality Management System Responsible:
· Lead of Quality Management Handbook and QMS procedures; issue of updates
· Continuous improvement of company’s quality management system
· Supervision of Company Quality Manager of HPS-Portugal
· Check, control and improve synergies of HPS Germany and HPS Portugal processes
· Lead of preparation of annual Management Review Summary Report (D & PT).
Technical Support for Research & Development Projects:
· Investigation of specific technical subjects and challenges in the area of materials, coatings, space environment like radiation and EMC, testing, process definition, etc.
· Technical support to project team to find solutions
· Technical shadow engineering to subcontractor/supplier materials and products
· Supplier research and database maintenance support
· Elaboration of respective documentation.
The following are essential qualifications / qualities of the successful candidate:
· More than 5 years of experience in QA/PA jobs
· Technical background in at least one of the following disciplines: lightweight structures, CFRP composite structures, deployable structures, antennas, thermal subsystems
· Experienced in as much as possible of the following items material qualification processes, radiation effects and analysis, space debris, thruster impacts, reliability analysis, FMECA/FMEA, REACH.
· Constructive ideas for failure detection and systematic approach to manage NCs
· Knowledge in space flight hardware projects
· Knowledge about ESA ECSS standards
· Very good knowledge in English (writing and speaking)
· MS office S/W tools (minimum: MS Word, MS Excel, Power Point, MS Project).
· University degree.
The following are desirable:
· An asset would be knowledge in items like spacecraft and payload structures, CFRP materials, reflector antennas, optical structures, multilayer insulation, radiators, electronic housings, electronics, MGSE, mechanisms, coating, 3D printing, structural design and analysis, thermal design and analysis, kinematic analysis, radiation analysis, production, assembly, alignment, material characterization, environmental testing (static, dynamic, thermal, thermo-elastic, acoustic, metrology), document management, configuration management, contacts in space community.
· Candidates should have the ability to deal with customers, sub-contractors, partner companies and internal staff via excellent soft skills like constructive criticism, insistence, authority, diplomacy and be a representative. Especially in this position candidates should have the ability to work autonomously, effectively and cooperatively in a diverse and international team environment and to define and implement solutions in line with team and individual objectives and project deadlines. In addition, candidates should have good analytical and reporting skills, a proactive attitude to solving problems. Last but not least a high interest in creation and implementation of innovative technologies should be present.
· We appreciate applications from high potentials over 35 years up to very experienced candidates far above 50
· Our Client offers the chance to actively take part in the growth of an international operating company but still keeping the friendly working environment of an SME (Small/Medium Enterprise). All staff is continuously involved in company strategy items and can influence the growth of the company. Improvement suggestions are highly welcome.
· One / Two days travel to different European sites of Customers or subcontractors, or to the daughter company in Porto, Portugal, could be part of the monthly business.
· A fourdayperweek contract might be possible. Self‐responsible flexibility in working time per day is the company culture. Documented in our Quality Management System is not only the goal to deliver high end technology and to maintain financial health of the company, but also a very high degree of employee satisfaction.
LOCATION: Munich, Germany
CLOSING DATE: 31st January 2016
MOLTEK has been serving the space and aerospace industries since 1995, providing international consultancy services for a wide variety of clients from private and public corporations to national and international authorities and agencies.
For more detailed information about MOLTEK go to: