HE Space is a successful international space company. For over 30 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Project Controller to support our customer in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the D/SRE Project Control Section, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Support to the planning, preparation, execution and follow-up of projects / activities in terms of schedule, related procurement actions, costs including preparation of CaC as relevant, manpower including support, etc. including:
o Assisting in preparing, developing and maintaining programme level plans;
o Assisting in the definition and in maintaining related work/procurement plans and related execution and contract actions plans using local tools as applicable;
o Monitoring of the implementation of the programmes and of activities, as appropriate, and preparation of related reports and provision of management information as required;
- Evaluating the results and main achievements of the programme, elaborating related KPIs, and preparing periodic overview publications. Assisting in the preparation of long-term, medium term and in-year resource plans and cost forecast Monitoring and controlling the implementation of the plans in line with resource targets, performing forecasting, identifying deviations and related recovery actions, producing related reports;
- Creating related objects in ESA-p, maintaining corresponding information in local applications as required and ensuring the correctness and coherence of related information;
- Monitoring and controlling of timely implementation of actions related to procurement and contractual matters, including monitoring of financial commitments, payment milestones and invoicing;
- Initiation and coordination of the periodic updating of relevant Industrial Return data base to reflect the current commitments status and the industrial policy forecast for planned activities;
- Verification of coherence with ESA corporate Industrial Return data. Maintenance of list of specific compensation or improvement measures and follow-up the implementation;
- Verification of coherence of proposed procurement actions with the planned industrial return policy targets of the programme/project, including the compensation measures;
- Maintaining up to date the related data, performing data analysis, identifying deviations w.r.t. plans/targets and production of associated reports to the responsible management and to the concerned customers;
- Assist in establishing schedule data interfaces within the assigned project and the various mission elements (ground segment, spacecraft, payload, launcher);
- Perform schedule analysis through Critical Path Analysis, Trend Chart Analysis and simulations;
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Good experience in controlling and/or management of activities and resources in aerospace industry. For some tasks knowledge of Finance/Accounting may be required;
- Good sense of contacts and communications, ability to interface at appropriate level with relevant actors within and outside of the Directorate;
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team within the boundaries of assigned tasks and stringent schedule;
- Highly proficient in the use of modern activities and resource management support tools/databases of standard office automation support software packages including in particular advance usage of Excel (Ms-Office and in particular advanced use of Excel);
- Good experience as user of SAP and in particular ECC and SRM modules and familiarity with relevant ESA corporate applications e.g. ESA-p) is an asset;
- Ability to rapidly understand and adapt to ESA specific context and environment including ESA corporate IT applications. Past experience with ESA in relevant activities is an asset;
- Proactive attitude to solving problems, identify priority actions and to handle high workload;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk. We welcome applicants who are available from March 2016 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send us your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Ms Karina Specht at email@example.com, quoting job NL-SC-2921 before 30-Jan-16.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!