We are looking to further enhance our team by adding a
Galileo System Platform Engineer
You will be based at our client’s premises in Noordwijk, Netherlands. In this large European Agency you will find an excellent and modern working environment with challenging tasks and responsibilities.
Your Tasks Include:
The contractor will provide system engineering support to the Galileo System and Platform activities, reporting to the Galileo Space Segment Infrastructure Manager.
This includes support to Satellite Qualification and Acceptance for launch as well as In Orbit Infrastructure and Operations.
The successful candidate will contribute in particular to the following areas:
· Participation to Satellite Acceptance Reviews, Flight Readiness Reviews, Launch Readiness Reviews; Operations Reviews etc..
· Participation to the Platform Commissioning Phases of the Galileo FOC Satellites;
· Participation to the In Orbit Testing Phases of the Galileo FOC Satellites and coordination of Payload Specialist Support;
· Support to the resolution of In-flight Payload anomalies of all Galileo Satellites in Orbit; including participation to, and preparation for, relevant NRB’s and ARBs;
· Assistance in the resolution of anomalies between the system/ground segment/operations interface to Payload Units of Galileo satellites in Orbit; including participation to, and preparation for, relevant NRB’s and ARBs;
· Support to In Orbit Maintenance activities including preparation and implementation of changes;
· Monitoring and identification of trends of critical Galileo Satellite parameters
The successful candidate should have the following qualifications and experience:
· University degree (Masters/PhD) in Engineering;
· Good knowledge and proven experience in spacecraft systems in project phases and in particular late and operational phases, as well as in mission design and analysis.
· Demonstrated capabilities to work in space projects with complex technical and industrial interfaces.
· A minimum of 3 years experience in satellite activities and more specifically in satellite system activities.
· The position involves some travel, mainly within Europe. Applicants must be eligible to obtain security clearance by their national security administration. Being already in possession of security clearance will be considered an asset for the selection.
· Good communication skills also regarding written reporting;
· Proficient in the English language (spoken and written).
LOCATION: Noordwijk, Netherlands
CLOSING DATE: 9th February 2016
MOLTEK has been serving the space and aerospace industries since 1995, providing international consultancy services for a wide variety of clients from private and public corporations to national and international authorities and agencies.
For more detailed information about MOLTEK go to: