We are looking to further enhance our team by adding a
Telecommunications Satellite Platform Engineer
You will be based at our client’s premises in Harwell, United Kingdom. In this large European Agency you will find an excellent and modern working environment with challenging tasks and responsibilities.
Your Tasks Include:
The Platform Engineer reports primarily to the Quantum Payload Manager in the Telecommunications and Integrated Applications Directorate, Telecommunication Satellite Programmes Department and will be responsible for monitoring various performances and engineering aspects of satellite platform, with a focus on mechanical / structural / thermal aspects.
The Platform Engineer’s tasks will include:
· Monitoring platform units’ development, integration and testing
· Monitoring the coherent and cost-effective implementation of platform requirements from system level down to the lower application level
· Working in Partnership with Satellite Operators to ensure that the platform equipment development proceeds in a timely and pragmatic manner whilst maintaining the original innovative nature of the platform and the supplier working methods.
· Working with the industrial team to ensure that the design and performance of platform meets its specified requirements, including software, subsystem and unit performances.
· Monitoring and ensuring that the platform interfaces are consistent with the Payload and system and quality aspects.
· Ensuring the adequacy of relevant operational requirements to control and operate the platform.
· Analyzing predicted performance parameters of platform and monitoring these throughout the project phases.
· Supporting platform and lower-level reviews, as well as supporting spacecraft level reviews and any non-conformance reviews.
· Regular reporting to his Platform Manager
In the execution of the tasks the Platform Engineer will liaise closely and proactively with the rest of the Quantum Project team as well as with other Project Teams within the Telecommunications Satellite Programmes Department.
Applicants for this post should have a Master degree or equivalent qualification in engineering or physics, together with substantial experience in:
· The development of satellite platform equipment in the sphere of telecommunications.
· Systems and strategic thinking, results orientation, responsible risk-taking & decision-making, and relationship management are considered important. Applicants should be able to work well in a team and communicate effectively.
The successful candidate should demonstrate proven technical capabilities, in particular in the mechanical/structural engineering field, and the capacity to apply analytical and sound judgment to resolve problems pragmatically.
The candidate is expected to demonstrate:
· Excellent organization skills, attention to detail, resourcefulness and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
· Proficiency in the English language (spoken and written).
· Knowledge of a European language would be an asset.
LOCATION: Harwell, UK
CLOSING DATE: 4th March 2016
MOLTEK has been serving the space and aerospace industries since 1995, providing international consultancy services for a wide variety of clients from private and public corporations to national and international authorities and agencies.
For more detailed information about MOLTEK go to: