We are looking to recruit for our client a:
FEM Structural Engineer
This is a permanent position at our client’s headquarters in Munich, Germany. In this Small to Medium Enterprise you will find an excellent and modern working environment with very challenging tasks and responsibilities.
Your Tasks Include:
The post‐holder will substantially be involved in space flight hardware projects as well as in technology development projects in the area of structural analysis for reflector antennas, lightweight structures, deployable structures, electronic housings, radiators and new materials. The main tasks of the post include the following:
· Establishment of Finite‐Element‐Models for Components up to very complex mechanical subsystems or large deployable structures
· Quasi‐static analysis
· Dynamic analysis
· Thermo‐elastic analysis (with input from thermal analysis engineers)
· Non‐linear analysis
· Laminate analysis
· Documentation of results.
· Recommendations to mechanical design as output from the structural analysis (input to mechanical design engineers for large projects)
· If possible: establishment of mechanical CAD design in parallel to analysis (depending on the size of the project).
· Definition of vibration test levels
· Communication with relevant test facility personnel
· Test prediction
· Correlation of numerical model with test results
· On‐site test results analysis and re‐definition of test levels
· Documentation of results.
The following are essential qualifications / qualities of the successful candidate:
· More than 4 years of experience in FEM structural analysis
· Good skills in ANSYS workbench and/or NASTRAN/FEMAP
· Knowledge in lightweight constructions for aerospace applications
· Experience in analysis of CFRP structures
· Experience in vibration test campaigns
· Ability and motivation to report the analysis results in respective documentation
· Ability and motivation to present the analysis results in meetings with Customers
· Good knowledge in German (at least listening/understanding)
· Good knowledge in English (writing and speaking)
· MS office S/W tools (minimum: MS Word, MS Excel, Power Point).
· Master’s degree in mechanical/aerospace engineering or physics
· Autonomous working approach, accurate working results
· Loyalty, team spirit and reliability.
· 7 years (or more) of relevant experience
· CAD design capabilities and knowledge in CAD‐tools (preferred INVENTOR)
· Experience in test engineering or lead and definition of subsystem tests
· Knowledge in space flight hardware projects and respective environmental requirements
· Knowledge about ESA ECSS standards
· Knowledge in vibro‐acoustic‐analyses
· Knowledge in thermal analyses.
· Our Client offers the chance to actively take part in the growth of an international operating company but still keeping the friendly working environment of an SME (Small/Medium Enterprise). All staff is continuously involved in company strategy items and can influence the growth of the company. Improvement suggestions are highly welcome.
· The applicant has the chance to work very close on the one hand to highly experienced analysis staff and on the other hand to medium or young engineers. He/she will be involved in several projects that make daily life very diversified.
· A fourdayperweek contract might be possible. Self‐responsible flexibility in working time per day is the company culture. Documented in our Quality Management System is not only the goal to deliver high end technology and to maintain financial health of the company, but also a very high degree of employee satisfaction.
· Being part of our Client means to be involved in space missions, having hardware flying around the Earth and contributing to the European exploration of the Universe!
LOCATION: Munich, Germany
CLOSING DATE: 31st March 2016
MOLTEK has been serving the space and aerospace industries since 1995, providing international consultancy services for a wide variety of clients from private and public corporations to national and international authorities and agencies.
For more detailed information about MOLTEK go to: