|Location||Luxembourg - Betzdorf|
|Category||Business Dev. / Strategic Management|
A key priority of the Next Generation Video Market Solution Centre (MSC) is the development of video platforms worldwide, which enables SES to sell satellite capacity, backend services and to define the experience of the end-consumer. Another focus of the vertical is the development of new consumer electronics related solutions enabling the capacity and service selling process. For both types of activities specific projects, approved by the video solutions leader and the SES Executive Committee, will need to be initiated and managed. The MSC will also provide ad-hoc support & consultancy to the commercial teams. Portfolio management leads and supports MSC related projects, coordinates new activities across the MSC and consolidates the product/solution/project related reporting to management in order to track the KPI’s vs targets.
The Manager & Coordinator, Video Solutions Projects will have a dual role. As Project Manager, he/she will manage and/or support the implementation of complex Video related projects and the identification and qualification of new opportunities. As a Coordinator, he/she will be responsible for the definition of the regional roadmaps, the coordination of activities and consolidation of information and reports as well as for KPI tracking for the Video MSC and all regions.
The Manager & Coordinator, Video Solutions Projects will manage and/or support video solutions related activities, and ensure their implementation on time, on budget and on specification.
The position will interface with the sales, sales planning & operations, product management, market intelligence, business development, legal and finance department to ensure a proper coordination of the project, reporting on all MSC video initiatives and managing the contingencies.
• Identify and qualify Video Solutions opportunities and transform them into projects
• Manage complex video projects and/or specific work packages and their related KPI’s
• Together with finance and the other video product managers, collect and validate information on project revenue potential and cost elements
• In cooperation with legal lead/support negotiations with potential external partners to close deals.
• Lead the regional roadmap development and (non-sales) go-to-market strategies with the MSC management and the regional heads
• In collaboration with Market Intelligence, collect and interpret market related information in order to develop the value proposition and to implement the video solutions projects according to the defined roadmaps
• Act as the central interface for the MSC Video to sales planning and operations to define and update the Video applications in SAP for Business Intelligence assessments.
• Act as the central interface in charge of the definition, monitoring and reporting on KPI’s and development status for all MSC Video initiatives together with finance and the other product managers.
• Master Degree in Business Administration and/or in Engineering (Telecommunications) or related fields
• A minimum of seven to ten years of professional experience, preferably with five or more years in the satellite, media or telecommunications industries, more junior candidates are potentially acceptable
• A strong business/market focus combined with a good understanding of video technology
• Computer literacy, i.e. excellent mastering of word processing and spreadsheet and presentation tools
• Ability to identify and effectively implement change and solve problems
• Excellent understanding the market dynamics and technological drivers in the media, and the telecommunication industries
• Understanding of the competitive landscape and the value chain for video distribution via satellite and terrestrial networks
• Capability to define and describe the value proposition of MSC Video solutions/products
• Very good knowledge and understanding of the SES video infrastructure and service portfolio, and how it can be leveraged to develop our video business in mature and emerging markets.
• Very good Project Management skills with focus on execution and implementation
• Experience in managing multifunctional teams
• Excellent analytical skills, ability to synthetise inputs coming from many sources
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to interact constructively with a broad range of internal stakeholders
• Excellent presentation skills for preparation of presentations and reports up to EC level
• Be a pro-active team player with strong relationship building qualities and the ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines;
• Problem solving skills, can-do attitude and result orientation, flexibility to cope with high peak workloads