We are looking to further enhance our team by adding a
Radio Navigation Engineer
You will be based at our client’s premises in Noordwijk, Netherlands. In this large European Agency you will find an excellent and modern working environment with challenging tasks and responsibilities.
Your Tasks Include:
The work includes design, analysis, implementation and testing of radio navigation systems, with emphasis on system architecture and performance, GNSS security and on radio navigation receivers.
The principal tasks and responsibilities will include:
· GNSS System implementation and verification including ground segment control and processing facilities and GNSS security
· In particular for Galileo, participation in studies, simulations and laboratory testing for the assessment of system end-to-end functionalities and performance, including measurement campaigns, data processing and field testing, also applied to radio navigation receivers design and techniques
· Support to the Galileo project in the monitoring of industrial contracts for the development of radio navigation tools and equipment including receivers and for studies on radio navigation, including generating technical requirements and statements of work.
Particular tasks for this position are:
· Participation to GMS related Integration, Verification and Qualification (IVQ) activities, such as test cases definition and preparation, formal tests witnessing, Verification Credit collection at Element and Segment level, anomalies follow-up at Element, Segment and System level;
· Follow-up of the procurement actions related to the implementation of a set of GMS Elements, being the Technical Officer for elements like Message Generation Facility (MGF), the Up-link Local Station (ULS), and the Service Product Facility (SPF);
· Evaluation of GMS design, with a specific focus on GMS Operations and Operability Improvements, Galileo Services provision, On-line and Off-line Monitoring, System Reporting, Technical Monitoring & Control of GMS Assets, Mission Planning, Mission Support, Training and Maintenance;
· Support to GMS engineering activities, as well as Galileo System level engineering activities, such as requirement engineering, change management and baseline evolutions (DCPs/DCNs), assessment of contractor’s RFDs/RFWs;
· Contribution to GMS and System reviews.
The successful candidate should have the following qualifications and experience:
· University degree (MSc) in telecommunications and signal processing or electronic engineering, as well as experience in these fields.
· Specific knowledge in the design and testing of Radio Navigation systems and equipment including receivers.
· They shall have strong knowledge on the design of satellite navigation systems, ranging and positioning techniques, RF, signal processing techniques, and digital navigation receivers in addition to GNSS security and processing facilities.
· The specialist shall in particular have at least 4 years of experience relevant with the GNSS and GALILEO systems and equipment and have good knowledge of Radio Navigation processing, simulation and testing systems.
· They shall be specialist in the implementation, maintenance and operation of complex Radio Navigation processing, simulation and test facilities for spacecraft, aircraft, maritime and land mobile applications.
· Candidates must be eligible for security clearance from their national security administration.
· Good communication skills also regarding written reporting;
· Proficient in the English language (spoken and written).
LOCATION: Noordwijk, Netherlands
CLOSING DATE: 13th May 2016
MOLTEK has been serving the space and aerospace industries since 1995, providing international consultancy services for a wide variety of clients from private and public corporations to national and international authorities and agencies.
For more detailed information about MOLTEK go to: