Europe’s prestigious Meteorological Satellite Organisation is seeking a Ground Systems Upgrade Verification and Validation Manager to join their international and multicultural team. This is a great opportunity to gain exposure to all of EUMETSAT’s space missions (geostationary and low earth orbit) working on their development and testing This is a challenging and rewarding role that offers variety for someone that has the ability to manage the overall Verification and Validation test phase for multi-mission elements of the EUMETSAT operational ground segment upgraded to fulfil the new missions needs. The key candidate shall functionally manage a team of engineers to verify hardware and software functions against agreed criteria.
Along with a university degree, or equivalent, in Computer Sciences or Software System Engineering, the successful candidate shall have skills/experience in each of the following areas:
· Experience in ground segment development and system engineering
· Experience in Verification and Validation methodology as well as in requirements management
· Experience in testing and Verification of complex data processing systems
· Experience in generation of Verification and Validation documents
· Strengths in analysis, synthesis and presentation of information
All applicants shall have good communication skills with the ability to work well within a team. A knowledge/understanding of data archive and retrieval, data distribution functions, ground systems monitoring or infrastructure functions would be considered advantageous.
Candidates must have a good working knowledge of the English language, both spoken and written, and be a EUMETSAT member state national.
For more information or to apply please visit: https://onlineapplication.eumetsat.int (job ref VN 16/12)