Senior Administrative Assistant, Tax
|Location||Luxembourg - Betzdorf|
As a member of the SES tax department you will perform general organisational and administrative duties and administrative support to the Senior Vice President and the Betzdorf-based tax team.
• Provide administrative support and perform general office organisational duties to tax department, including:
• Travel arrangements for all department members
• Manage diary of department head and organise all meetings
• Phone coverage for Luxembourg-based team members
• Take meeting minutes where required and maintain departmental action lists
• Maintain tax filing system
• Provide content and administrative support to Tax Department regarding preparation (proof-reading, conventions, integrating input etc) of all documents prepared by team members for submission to CFO / Executive Committee / Audit and Risk Committee / Board etc.
• Keep tax department’s budget, control invoices and requisitions
• Manage administrative / organisational requirements of projects including owning the database, ensuring action owners fulfil their tasks / monitoring project progress, participating in and chairing meetings, circulating updates after meetings, providing updates on progress
• Provide cover for corporate financial administrative supports during holiday or sick leave abssence
• Organise off-sites
• Provide administrative support relating to tax compliance, including:
• Collect and prepare W-8BEN forms for internal and external customers
• Manage administration of Tax Risk Memo, verify content for conformity and quality
• Tax declarations for board attendance fees, annual dividend payment and other straight forward tax declarations.
• Request documents from Luxembourg Tax Authorities on behalf of Business / Commercial / for tenders etc.
• Maintain contemporaneous tax certificates / documents on RFP Portal
• Manage tax administrative requirements of the annual dividend payment procedure, represent Tax Dept externally at review meetings with stakeholders and act as point of contact for external queries
• Provide administrative support relating to transfer pricing:
• Maintain transfer pricing documentation index and intercompany agreement matrix
• Perform regular updates of the transfer pricing master and other TP documentation
• Periodically update the intercompany financing policy (loan pricing manual)
• Perform regular updates of the SES group companies’ credit ratings
• Support transfer pricing projects on an ad-hoc basis
• Provide administrative support relating to tax planning:
• Assist in wording / drafting documents provided to Internal Audit or external auditors
• Maintain SES Organisation Chart; provide updates within Finance Department
Experience / Qualifications
• Higher education; ideally university degree in Business / Finance
• Prior work experience (at least four years) for an international company, ideally in Finance / Tax environment
• Fluent in English; strong German and French language skills. Any other languages are a plus
• MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio)
• Familiarity with (or willingness to acquire) basic tax concepts and terminology
• Excellent interpersonal relations and communications skills
• Project management skills
• Capability to work in an accurate and organised manner; flexible
• Able to work independently and confidently across departments and various management levels, participate / chair meetings
• Stable personality with initiative; able to manage multiple competing demands
• Comfortable supporting executive level (e.g. CFO Administration backup); absolute discretion
Competitive salary package, coupled with a diverse array of challenges and development benefits.
SES is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
This position reports to
Senior Vice President, Tax Management