Product Development Manager
|Location||Luxembourg - Betzdorf|
|Category||Product Development & Management|
SES Techcom Services is a Luxembourg-based subsidiary of SES. Leveraging on the technical expertise accumulated within the Group by operating satellites for almost 30 years, SES Techcom provides technical services to the Satellite Industry on a worldwide basis.
You will drive Product Development within Techcom with a particular emphasize on broadband platforms and services. You define and develop new products that enable business growth in existing and new markets. You focalize on new broadband platform developments, leveraging geographically diverse satellite capacities in Ku and Ka band. You also work on the positioning of new products in the field of content delivery. The role includes an active work with the Commercial and Engineering teams, the SES Market Solution Centers and industry stakeholders in the gathering of product requirements and subsequent market introduction of new products and features. You assume full life cycle responsibility of your assigned portfolio of products.
• Lead the technical development of broadband products and services for land fixed and mobility.
• Assume full responsibility for the development and life cycle ownership of products and services in the broadband domain.
• Responsible for the establishment and technical execution of new products and related requirements and definitions.
• Project management of the development and introduction of next generation satellite broadband platforms.
• Analyze competition and recommend product positioning and development strategies.
• Support Commercial deal team during customer acquisition and account management phases.
• Interact with Technical Services, Technical Department groups, MSCs as well as Customers to ensure appropriate feedback to and from the client(s) regarding technical matters.
• Manage manufacturer/vendor relationships by ensuring the most competitive sourcing of technology and developments.
• Ensure product availability and compatibility with clients’ commercial requirements.
• Initiate, prepare and lead product training activities.
• Closely collaborate with Market Solution Centers and Engineering department
• Promote awareness and create demand for relevant products through customer visits, speaker opportunities, product demos etc. at events, conferences and other suitable occasions.
Experience / Qualifications
• Business education (ideally MBA) and/or Engineering degree.
• Minimum 5 years of professional industry relevant experience.
• Fluency in English (French, German or any other language being considered as an asset).
• Strong product management skills and proven track record in product management function.
• Up-to-date knowledge of the commercial aspects of broadband and telecommunication services with a solid technology background.
• Expertise in satellite based networks such as VSAT networks.
• Experience in managing and promoting high technology products, from development through launch and sales ramp up.
• Strong analytical skills, ability to produce meaningful competitive analysis and recommendations of technical solutions
• Able to coordinate internal and external partners to deliver product developments and innovation.
• Drive, engagement and creative thinking to bring new concepts to the front.
• Excellent presentation, negotiation and communication skills.
• Good understanding of customer requirements and experience to translate them into technical solutions
• Lead interdisciplinary teams across business (internally and externally) incl. customers, market partners and suppliers etc.
Competitive salary package, coupled with a diverse array of challenges and development benefits.
SES is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
This position reports to
VP Services & Product Development