An exciting opportunity for Satellite industry professionals has just arisen. Europe’s Meteorological Satellite Organisation (EUMETSAT) is seeking a Mission Operations Facility Engineer looking to utilise and develop their existing knowledge and experience in an international environment. The key candidate shall be responsible for all engineering activities associated with the procurement and testing of the Mission Operations Facility and supporting its integration into the MTG Ground Segment, under the supervision of the MTG Mission Operations Facility Manager.
Candidates require the following skills/experience:
- Solid experience with design, development and maintenance of satellite mission operations systems.
- Demonstrated experience in the management of industrial contracts preferably in the field of mission operations systems.
- Extensive experience in development or maintenance of Mission Control software using SCOS-2000
- Proficiency and experience in the use of relevant standards such as CCSDS and ECSS
- Strength in analysis, synthesis and presentations of complex problems and solutions
- Familiarity with mission operations systems in a 24/7 operational environment.
Knowledge/experience in any of the following areas would be considered advantageous:
- Familiarity with satellite simulators
- Experience in the development or maintenance of other relevant software e.g Flight Dynamics, Mission Planning software, automation software
- Experience in full ground segment lifecycle support, including launch and commissioning preparations.
All applicants must have a university degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline along with experience leading a small technical team.
Applicants must be EUMETSAT member state nationals with a good working knowledge of the English language, both spoken and written.
To apply or find out more please visit https://onlineapplication.eumetsat.int, job ref VN 16/24