Senior Manager, Communications
|Location||Luxembourg - Betzdorf|
|Category||Marketing / Communications|
The Senior Manager, Communications acts as a custodian of the Company’s corporate image and reputation and manages the execution of proactive business communications that support the business and the SES’ growth strategy.
In this position you are responsible for the operational management of SES’ Corporate Affairs/ Communications which covers corporate publishing, press office, issues management, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), sustainability programs and societal engagement as well as the management and support of all (space) technology related communication and corporate event management such as conferences, visits and diplomatic activities.
As a counterpart to the global PR Manager, you ensure that the corporate profile, strategy and narrative are adopted by media, policy makers and the general public.
• Publications/ production: Manage the timely and cost effective production of SES’ corporate publications (Annual Report, corporate brochures, white papers, whether print, audio-visual or electronic/on-line), in close cooperation with the Content Editor who is responsible for the content creation;
• Conferences/ speeches: Manage the positioning and activities at major industry or topical conferences, prepare the related programmes, panels, speeches, presentations and sponsoring packages;
• Technology: Develop and manage space technology topics and stories (space narrative, satellite fleet procurement and operation, innovation in space, rockets and satellite launches and related events, support for the Chief Technology Officer);
• Topics + issues: Manage and develop the corporate topics and issues and the respective tools (topic matrix in close cooperation with the content editor, issues matrix in close cooperation with the Press Office Administrator);
• CSR: Develop and implement the Corporate Social Responsibility programme of SES. Develop and support sustainability criteria and engagements of SES. Develop SES´s positions in thought leadership and societal programmes and engagements. Represent SES as required in cultural institutions and business organisations;
• Provide leadership and coordinate the work of a team composed of a Press Officer and an Editor
• Support other communications projects as required.
Experience / Qualifications
Qualification & Experience
• BA or MA in Communications or related field
• Minimum ten years of experience in corporate communications and corporate affairs, ideally also in publishing/editorial
• Experience in journalism or practical communications
• Experience in telecommunications or technology related field considered a plus
• Fluency in English and French; Luxembourgish and/or German is a strong asset
• Willingness to travel internationally if required
• Confident communicator and presenter
• Relationship builder with the ability to partner cross-functionally and work effectively with various levels of the organization and globally dispersed internal and external stakeholders
• Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout and design, professional printing/publishing skills are essential, including ability to present concepts verbally
• Technical communications skills, deployable across multiple languages and communications platforms (print, audio-visual, etc)
• Understanding of the business and its competitive environment
• Excellent organizational and planning skills
• Superior project management & execution skills
• Ability to work flexibly under tight deadlines and rapidly changing circumstances and juggle multiple/detailed projects
• A wide degree of creativity to match the reputation and the desired positioning of SES
• Demonstrated self-starter, able to work with minimal direction/coaching
• Self motivated with a positive and professional approach to management
• Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media
• Team spirit and collaborative working approach
• Multi-cultural awareness
• People Management skills
Competitive salary package, coupled with a diverse array of challenges and development benefits.
SES is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
This position reports to
VP, Corporate Communications