|Location||Luxembourg - Betzdorf|
|Category||Finance / Accounting|
The Senior Accountant is part of the accounting team at SES Astra SA. The role focuses on maintaining first class financial records for those companies assigned to him or her.
Reporting to the Manager, Accounting Services, the Senior Accountant will initially be responsible for seven Dutch entities, but may be asked to provide assistance with other companies, or to take part in the development of back-up arrangements within the team.
As part of a wider Accounting and Financial Reporting team, the Senior Accountant may also take part in other activities and projects in the Finance department.
• Perform accounting functions as assigned, generally the posting of journal entries and reconciliations to support the monthly general ledger close, and other monthly close procedures
• Resolve issues arising in the course of performing the assigned accounting duties
• Work closely with related functions, including Financial Planning & Analysis (monthly closing, policy compliance) , Tax (computation of corporate income taxes), Treasury (cash management), and Support to Sales (revenue recognition) as necessary
• Respond to business enquiries and to the needs of both internal and external auditors
• Take part in back-up arrangements for other accountants as required
• Take part in other Finance projects, for example process and systems improvements, as required
Experience / Qualifications
• Recognised graduate-level accounting qualification (ACCA preferred)
• Five plus years of relevant experience
• Public accounting experience; specifically a combination of large public and corporate accounting experience preferred
• Up-to-date understanding of relevant IFRS; knowledge of Dutch-GAAP an advantage
• Intermediate Excel skills required
• Computer literacy including an ERP System (SAP experience a significant advantage)
• Fluency in English, with Dutch knowledge an asset
• Focus on process improvement and best practice implementation
• Flexible, able to deal with strict deadlines and work under pressure
• Strong communication and inter-personal skills
• Ability to work in a well-organised, accurate and reliable manner
• Solid problem assessment and solving skills
• Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural team environment
• Occasional travel, for example to The Hague (Netherlands), required
Competitive salary package, coupled with a diverse array of challenges and development benefits.
SES is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
This position reports to
Manager, Accounting Services (‘MAS’)