HE Space is a successful international space company. For over 30 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for an Applications Business Analyst to support our customer in the United Kingdom.
Are you looking for the next step on the career ladder? In one of the fastest-growing high-tech space markets? You will support the European Space Agency’s Integrated Application Programme (IAP) to promote the development of new space-based services.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
You will have the following responsibilities:
- Focus on new market sectors or technology trends with major potential for new applications (e.g. renewable energy, electricity networks, smart cities, machine-to-machine communications, IoT, oceanography and marine management);
- Build relationships with both user communities and service industries, bringing them together to identify and develop new services and applications to meet real, large-scale needs;
- Identify potential sources of third-party funding for projects in these target sectors;
- Analyse the economic impact of specific IAP projects.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- University degree in a relevant discipline;
- 3-5 years’ experience in business support services especially in the financial sector, start-ups and/or applications development;
- Proficient computer literacy using MS Office, collaboration software tools, document and project management tools, ERP;
- Solid background in finance and/or business administration, ideally with experience in financing and organising new business ventures and the use of PFI/PPP structures;
- Sensitive to multi-cultural and political issues;
- Cooperative, positive and generally easy to get along with;
- Mastery of the English language is a requirement;
An interest in or passion for space is desirable as is an ability to learn about this fascinating industry.
This job is located in Harwell Science and Innovation Campus, near Oxford. We welcome applicants from the European Union who are available as soon as possible.
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send us your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Ms Veronika Horvath at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job NL-SC-3113 before 7-Oct-16.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!