(Senior) Manager, Finance Support to MSC Video
|Location||Luxembourg/Betzdorf or Germany/Unterföhring|
|Category||Finance / Accounting|
The (Senior) Manager, Finance Support to MSC Video, provides financial support to all activities of the Video MSC, one of SES’s four Market Solutions Centers. The support covers all steps of the development of market segment specific products and services solutions, from business case, rate card definition, deal negotiation to planning & reporting. It includes the assessment and measurement of the costs associated with the delivery of video services. The (Senior) Manager, Finance Support to MSC Video, is part of the MSC Video team, and works closely with Business Development and SES’s video services entities such as MX1 and, HD+.
• Services investment case and rate card development: sets-up and maintains service investment case (revenues, COS, opex, capex), e.g. Plays a key role in Video platform implementations, representing Finance in the respective project management structure and ensuring the platform is implemented within budget and business model assumptions are respected. Specifically, (Senior) Manager Finance Support to MSC Video, develops with MSC and Commercial, rate cards for the service offerings based on the underlying services investment case. Defines and keeps track of services KPIs for internal performance measurement and external communication.
• Lead to order support: acts as single point of contact for the Video MSC team. Coordinates with Regional Finance for review & sign-off. Prepares Pricing Committee and Executive Committee submissions for MSC deals as required
• Planning, reporting and analysis: conducts the Video MSC planning, reporting and analysis in coordination with other SES Finance teams. Ensures that costs for delivery of video services are assessed and measured in a systematic matter and reflected in the prices offered by SES. Works with Controlling and Business Applications to further enhance related ERP tools.
• Ad hoc support to VP Finance Product & Services: provides ad-hoc support on other Media Solutions related projects, tasks and deliverables, as required.
Experience / Qualifications
• Engineering degree complemented with MBA, or relevant financial education complemented with CFA and industry experience (e.g broadcast, video, OTT, VoD)
• Ideally, 10-15 years of experience; specific industry experience of 5-10 years
• Strong background in business modelling, valuation, cost controlling, IFRS and technology capex management. Experience in working with SAP tools (e.g. CRM, ERP/ECC, BPC, BI, …)
• Ideally, operational industry experience including direct interaction with end customers to understand their businesses and perspective
• Fluency in English (German being considered as an additional asset)
• Sets priorities autonomously and proactively delivers results, even under tight deadlines
• Takes over responsibility and ownership for achievement of common cross functional MSC goals
• Builds strong trust and teamwork relationships across functional and geographically disbursed groups and can motivate colleagues that do not report to the (Senior) Manager Finance Support to MSC
• Is a good listener, understands perspective of others and has excellent communication skills
• Is able to frame complex problems or business issues and can elaborate and articulate alternative solutions that address the root cause of the issue
• Can balance risks and opportunities in order to make commercial deals happen while risk for SES is identified and managed adequately
• Has a broad knowledge of the satellite industry and is familiar with the specificities of service delivery
• Can identify the need for change and generate new ideas that help shaping the MSC role and structure
• Job location is either Betzdorf, Luxembourg or Unterföhring, Munich. Regular travel to other SES locations and customers across the world
Competitive salary package, coupled with a diverse array of challenges and development benefits.
SES is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
This position reports to
VP, Finance Support to Products & Services