* Specific Tasks
The contractor will be part of the TEC-SWM section, functionally reporting to the Aeolus Project manager, the AIT/AIV Engineer will be responsible for the following:
-Monitoring the AIT and verification plans produced by the satellite prime contractor and ensuring that they are coherent and consistent with the baseline schedule via regular AIT meetings at the prime contractor’s premises.
-Identifying potential risks to the schedule and identifying workaround solutions and risk mitigations which can be implemented.
-Reviewing and commenting test specifications and test procedures and participating to TRRs and PTRs as the representative of the project in co-ordination with the ADM-Aeolus Instrument and AIT, Engineering and PA Managers.
-Monitoring and participating in functional test preparations (debugging) and assessing readiness for formal test executions including readiness of EGSE.
-Participating in NRBs and TRBs as one of the representatives of the project
-Supporting the verification control process by review of VCDs and participation to VCBs
-Monitoring and enabling that there is adequate support for AIT activities and AIT reviews, both within industry and ESA.
-Ensuring that environmental test facilities are in a state of readiness for the satellite test campaigns.
The candidate is expected to act as an integrated member of the contractor’s AIT and verification team in relevant phases, e.g. during extensive thermal test campaign in CSL. Supporting the Aeolus launch campaign ensuring the launch facilities are in a state of readiness for the satellite and are inspected and verified, that transfer of all GSE is completed and that these are verified prior to satellite launch readiness preparation consistent with the need. Monitoring the completeness of all AIT/AIV activities up to launch in accordance with an agreed launch operations plan.
Please note that the support of this position may be extended beyond 30.06.2017.
* Specific Competence Requirements
• Master degree in Physics, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or equivalent experience.
• Extensive experience of satellite system level functional and performance testing.
• Good knowledge of GSE operations and infrastructure.
• Practical experience of working in AIT ideally for at least one complete satellite test campaign in an AIT role. Experience of environmental test campaigns preparation would be a major asset.
• Experience in optics and/or thermal system control engineering would be an asset.
• Experience with CCS based on SCOS-2000 SW.
• Experience of satellite verification engineering,
• Knowledge of ECSS standards in system engineering, testing and verification.
• Good interpersonal, organisation and communication skills, with the ability to work in a diverse team environment.
• An ability to work independently and to establish good working relations with ESA and industrial counterparts is essential.
• Available to travel and work on shifts during mechanical and thermal test campaigns Ability to travel to the Satellite prime contractors premises/environmental test sites/launch si