Senior Specialist, Insurance
|Location||Luxembourg - Betzdorf|
|Category||Finance / Accounting|
The Senior Specialist, Insurance will primarily support the day to day management of the SES Captive insurance companies and of the SES space insurance programmes. He/she will also conduct specific analyses related to risk management and insurance topics, and will act in a back-up role on non-space insurance aspects. He/she is expected to work in close coordination with the Finance, Technology and Legal departments of SES, with the space insurance community, and with the various SES affiliates.
• Develop and refine satellite insurance strategy and support the negotiation of launch, in-orbit and third party liability (re)insurance contracts.
• Critically review policy wordings and proof of loss documents from a technical, financial and legal perspective.
• Define the technical parameters to be included in the policies, using as input satellite technical characteristics and payload commercial requirements.
• Finalize and manage insurance policy documentation including Non-Disclosure Agreements, insurance / reinsurance slips and policy documents.
• Ensure proper invoicing and payment of premiums and broker fees, including SES inter-company transactions.
• Determine coverage levels, ensure internal management sign-off of amounts of insurance, and ensure compliance with renewal requirements and obligations under each policy.
• Coordinate responses to underwriters’ technical questions and anomaly notifications.
• Coordinate technical underwriter briefings.
• Perform complex analytical studies of SES insurance requirements and strategies, such as retention analyses.
• Perform statistical reliability analyses of satellites and launch vehicles.
• Provide oversight of the SES insurance captives, including review of financial statements and actuarial reports, with the objective to ensure compliance with the Solvency II directive.
• Efficiently and autonomously manage insurance contracts on a day-to-day basis, guaranteeing that SES fulfills its obligations under the policies
• Support management in the preparation and organization of the captive Board meetings and special committee meetings.
• Report internally on insurance matters for the purposes of Business Plan development, budgeting and transfer pricing.
• Develop and execute launch contingency plans.
• Act as back-up to the Insurance Director based in Princeton on non-space insurance matters.
Experience / Qualifications
• 3-5 years of space industry and/or insurance market experience
• Specific knowledge of finance and engineering, Master’s degree in a scientific, engineering or financial discipline
• Ability to deal with various parts of the organization including Finance, Technology, Legal and Commercial
• Fluency in English
• Able to independently and critically review the scope of insurance policies, ensuring that they provide exactly the level of coverage that is needed
• Understanding of legal and regulatory as well as technical aspects of insurance
• Familiar with probability, statistics and stochastic modeling
• Ability to efficiently organize meetings and presentations including large numbers of internal and external participants
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Good negotiation skills
• Ability to organize own work
• A team player, who accurately documents his work and keeps others informed
• An analytical mindset
• Objective, rational and multidisciplinary thinking
• A willingness to learn
• A high degree of integrity
Competitive salary package, coupled with a diverse array of challenges and development benefits.
SES is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
This position reports to
Vice President, Insurance