•Contribute to establishing project specific programmatic and technical dependability and safety requirements within the framework of the ESA Product Assurance & Safety baseline.
• Support to projects in the evaluation and monitoring of Contractor’s plans, technical specifications and efforts proposed for the execution of the dependability and safety programs.
• Support to the concurrent design facility (CDF) studies by performing technical risk assessment and relevant dependability and safety analyses.
• Evaluation of dependability and safety analyses, technical notes, technical risk assessments, risk reduction processes and the associated preventive or corrective actions.
• Defining and controlling the implementation of the applicable dependability and safety related acceptance requirements including risk acceptance criteria.
• Support dependability and safety verification activities, including hazard close-out and disposition of related NCR, RFW and Critical Items.
• Participating in project reviews to assess compliance with the applicable RAMS requirements and to formulate accept/reject recommendations.
Requirements & Qualifications
• Relevant experience of application of RAMS engineering to space programs, especially in ground and/or ground based systems.
• Relevant experience in design and engineering of safety critical systems.
• A hands-on knowledge of the RAMS analyses and methodologies (Hardware and Software), preparation of relevant RAMS documentation during the overall project life-cycle and application of ECSS dependability and safety standards.
• Experience in dependability and safety engineering management processes and objectives and experience during operations is an advantage.
• Experience in the field of ground safety and projects assistance in obtaining safety certification is an advantage.
• Knowledge of RTCA/DO-178C “Software Considerations in Airborne Systems and Equipment Certification" or DO-278A “Guidelines for CNS/ATM Systems software integrity assurance”, and /or DO254A (Design Assurance Guidance for Airborne Electronic Hardware), and related certification schemes, and experience in interfacing certification authorities is considered an asset.
• Familiarity with space product assurance practices together with a good working knowledge of appropriate RAMS tools is an advantage.