• Configuration control covers both ESA internal activities and activities performed by Industrial Contractors. The preparation of adequate requirements and CM systems auditing are also part of the tasks. It includes the following typical duties:
• Establishing adequate processes for proper Product configuration control, including:
o Configuration management planning.
o Configuration items identification, technical requirements base lining, production and maintenance of configuration item data list (CIDL).
o Management of configuration evolution, baselines verification, as-built control and inspections.
• Establishment of configuration control methods, procedures and standards.
• Establishing and/or assuring that adequate configuration control methods, procedures and standards are established and/or maintained, consistent with applicable standards/requirements.
• Preparing formal requirements for inclusion in industrial contracts.
• Participating in Project Reviews.
• Conducting configuration audits and configuration inspections.
• Supervising the processing and disposition of Change Requests and/or Change Proposals.
• Providing status data and maintaining a well-structured record system; acting as secretary to appropriate Boards established for the processing of changes.
Establishing and maintaining the approval system for all documents under formal ESA control, and maintaining the associated DRLs and DRDs.
• Supporting the supervision and maintenance of the documentation library and archives.
• Proposing automated methods and tools required to increase performance of configuration and documentation control tasks.
Specific Competence Requirements:
• Experience in controlling and/or management of activities and resources in aerospace industry. For some tasks knowledge of Finance/Accounting may be required.
• Highly proficient in the use of modern activities and resource management support tools/databases of standard office automation support software packages including in particular advance usage of Excel (Ms-Office and in particular advanced use of Excel).
• Experience as user of SAP and in particular ECC and SRM modules and familiarity with relevant ESA corporate applications e.g. ESA-p) is an asset.
• Ability to rapidly understand and adapt to ESA specific context and environment including ESA corporate IT applications. Past experience with ESA in relevant activities is an asset.
• Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken, knowledge of another official ESA language is an asset
o Proven experience in Configuration Management in Space Companies / Organizations.
o Adequate knowledge and understanding of the applicable ESA Configuration Management requirements and standards such as MS-ESA-RQ-100, MS-ESA-RQ-108, ECSS-M40.
o Good knowledge of the specific activities and/or organisation, of the applicable configuration management working procedures and support tool(s) are an asset.
o Previous experiences in fields like Product Assurance, System Engineering and Production Control are an asset.
•University degree (Bachelor) from a recognised Institution of secondary studies or equivalent qualification in Business Administration (or Communications as relevant), with relevant experience.