At SES, we believe we can reach the unreachable!
Where others see barriers, we see opportunities.
Do you enjoy supporting customers realizing breakthrough value? Do you stay attuned to your customers’ needs and visions?
Do you like to work openly and supportively together with your colleagues and customers? Our work involves many different minds and skills, it can’t be done alone.
It's a great time being SES.
SES is the world-leading satellite operator providing end-to-end communication solutions. SES leads across new technologies in video, enterprise, mobility and government.
We are a team of people coming from all across the globe who work together to make a real difference in the world.
• We help to bridge the digital divide by connecting millions of people on the African continent.
• We make it possible for people to stay connected while flying 10km up on a commercial airplane
• We provide extensive satellite coverage of all of the world’s seas and ocean regions via our dedicated mobility beams
• We distribute 7,400 channels to more than 1 billion people in 317 million homes.
• We work together with our partners to develop new standards that transform how people consume and enjoy entertainment.
Engineer, Spectrum Tools Development C# Microsoft.NET
The position is part of an international Spectrum team which identifies new spectrum opportunities and acquires new spectrum for SES. The team also manages existing ITU filings and coordinates orbital slots with other operators while also developing and entertaining relationships with key regulatory bodies.
Within this team the position of the Spectrum Tools Development Engineer is responsible for the specification, design, development, deployment, and maintenance of the various applications and databases of the V2K environment. V2K is an in house suite of software tools developed to support the Spectrum activities. V2K is also widely used in other parts of SES.
The position is supporting and advising the V2K users community, acts as a centre of knowledge for the related tools and is providing technical recommendations and expertise to management.
• Be responsible for all databases and software tools used by the SES Spectrum team
• Develop and maintain current V2K applications according to the requirements of the Spectrum Team needs
• Develop new applications supporting the development of SES in new spectrum bands
• Maintain the V2K application server and support the company-wide deployment of V2K suite applications
• Administer and develop the databases of known geostationary satellites, their frequency plans and their coverage
• Administer and develop the database of administrative arrangements such as coordination agreements, coordination constraints
• Maintain and develop the real time transmissions monitoring system (SSMS)
• Maintain and develop tools for the analysis of spectrum situation and synthesis of future net-works
• Be responsible for establishing database / software monitoring metrics to track and improve
Experience / Qualifications
• University Degree in Computer Sciences, Computer Engineering or Information Technology
• Minimum 3/4 years of relevant experience in Software / Database engineering and development
• Software / Database quality management experience would be an advantage
• Fluency in English, other languages being an asset
• Excellent programming skills, preferably Microsoft .NET, C#, SQL Server
• Excellent knowledge of software specification, design, implementation, verification and validation
• Excellent computer programming skills, both server and client side
• Excellent knowledge in architecture of computer program design
• Experience in utilities programming, debuggers and debugging techniques
• Knowledge of computer modelling of radiocommunication systems would be considered as an asset
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Be absolutely service and customer oriented
• Innovative spirit with a business mind and result orientation
• Effective project & time management
• Focus on collaboration and team work,
• Ability to self-organize, prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding environment
• Pro-active and can do attitude
• Very good interpersonal and communications skills at all levels both internally and externally
• Good documentation skills
• Willing to integrate in an international and multicultural team
• An interest for satellite technologies, applications and business environment
• Readiness to travel if required
!!!! Only Luxembourg work permit holder will be considered
Please note that we also consider hiring this position at slightly more junior level should we have interesting candidates
We offer you
• A diverse workplace. For SES, diversity is more than a question of gender or race; we welcome different minds and different skills.
• An exciting job opportunity in a fast moving and fascinating industry. Our technology is launching into space on the next generation of rockets.
• Opportunities to further grow and develop in a global and growing company; we believe life-long learning is key to bring the best of SES worldwide.
• A competitive compensation package linked to your performance and further completed with attractive benefits.
SES is an Equal Opportunity Employer