An Embedded Software & Systems Engineer with excellent C++ software skills and demonstrated experience in Hardware Integration roles is being recruited by Airbus Defence and Space in Stevenage.
• You will be working on the development of test benches/rigs with hardware in the loop.
• As a hardware-software engineer you will participate in the evolution of the system specifications for the software & hardware elements of the test benches/rigs and assess their impact on the design;
• You will integrate the new or updated software models with the hardware interfaces, deliver the test benches and provide technical maintenance and support to the teams using the benches.
The Satellite Functional Verification Infrastructure (FVI) department is responsible for the development of high-fidelity numeric simulators and Hardware In the Loop (HIL) test benches for space programs.
The numeric simulators include software models of the system while the HIL test benches consist of a real-time simulator with the front end electrical interfaces to the hardware under test.
Development is across different Airbus sites, with the prime team based in the UK and teams in France and/or Germany providing specific elements. The work takes place in small development teams (4-6 people) relying on specific expertise from key members of the team, able to collaborate on the design and to take responsibility for specific aspects of the project.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
I/ Technical responsibilities:
• Update system requirements for test rigs systems.
• Review the software and hardware architectures of new hardware platforms.
• Technical follow-up of external teams and participation in the technical reviews.
• Perform hardware-software integration, testing and verification.
• Write and maintain test plans, procedures and release documents.
• System delivery and acceptance.
• Technical support and maintenance activities.
II/ Non-Technical responsibilities:
• Ensure effective communication with all stakeholders and distributed teams.
• Develop strong relationships with users and suppliers.
III/ Secondary Responsibilities:
• Review and participate in future proposals.
You should be able to travel and work oversees (France and/or Germany) for short periods of time.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
• Degree in Electronics Engineering with an emphasis on Embedded Real-Time Software Development.
• Understanding of Hardware-Software System Development Lifecycles.
• Very good knowledge and experience in software development using C++ (JAVA is desirable).
• Knowledge of Multithreaded Systems is desirable.
• Working knowledge with Data Protocols (desirable: SpaceWire, MilSTD 1553, CAN bus).
• Working knowledge of Software Development on Linux OS (ideally Real Time Linux).
• Experience in the Design and Testing of Electronic Circuits with Embedded Software.
• Experience in the Software Lifecycle: requirements, design, development, integration, testing and customer delivery and acceptance.
• Experience in the Technical follow up of external teams is desirable.
• Ability to comprehend and address the broader picture (system level understanding).
• Excellent communication and meeting skills.
• Self-motivated, autonomous and effective.
Please apply for this vacancy on line at our careers site (www.jobs.airbusgroup.com) with your CV attached.
-- By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus Group using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus Group.
Airbus Group is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
To apply : click here