A vacancy for a Spacecraft Thermal Architect has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Stevenage.
The successful applicant will be joining and working on Scientific and Earth Observation spacecraft missions in the Airbus Defence and Space UK Mechanical, Thermal & Propulsion System Engineering Department.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
Detailed spacecraft level thermal design and architecture.
• Definition of Thermal Control Subsystem (TCS) system level requirements and design.
• Management of TCS technical budgets.
• Definition of, and support to, system level thermal testing.
• Definition and approval of requirements drawings.
• Preparation of design documentation.
• Management of thermal analysis activities and cost account management (budget, schedule, risk, etc.)
• Writing and review of thermal technical reports and specifications.
• Preparing inputs for equipment and system thermal performance tests.
• Evaluation of equipment and system level test results.
• Bid support.
• Cost/schedule support.
• Non Conformance Report/Material Review Board support at equipment and system level.
• System mechanical/electrical/TTC/AOCS interfacing.
• Design review/Test Readiness Review/Test Review Board support.
• Operational support.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
• Proven experience of thermal design and analysis at spacecraft level, ideally in scientific and earth observation missions.
• Working knowledge of the main European thermal analysis tools (Esatan, Esarad, Systema) would be an advantage.
• Experience of interfacing with other disciplines e.g. Structure/Propulsion/AOCS/TTC/operations.
• Good communication and presentation skills.
• Experience of interfacing with both internal and external customers.
• Willingness to travel.
Closing date for advert: 08/12/2016
Salary to be offered: competitive market rate
Please apply for this vacancy on line at our careers site (www.jobs.airbusgroup.com) with your CV attached.
-- By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus Group using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus Group.
Airbus Group is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
To apply : click here