This vacancy is for a Pressure Vessel Design Engineer to support specialist propellant tank and pressure vessel activities for spacecraft applications within Airbus Defence and Space, Stevenage.
The role involves system level specification of these pressure vessels and supporting design verification and test activities, both with the in-house design authority and peer review of externally designed components.
This role will involve frequent travel for business and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
- Preparation of system/sub-system/functional chain (an element of a marketed solution) architecture, integration, verification and validation, incl. specifications for assembly & equipment.
- Planning and organization of integration, verification and validation.
- Provide architecture and specifications of a system/sub- system/functional chain (an element of a marketed solution).
- Prepare test campaign sequencing, test procedures & facilities.
- Define test equipment and tooling requirements and ensure their timely availability.
- Perform and/or monitor tests and perform real-time analysis of test results.
- Release test analysis & correlation reports after test completion.
- You will be educated to degree-level or above in a relevant discipline.
- Candidates must have come from a relevant background (i.e. aerospace/space).
You should also have experience in one or more of the following:
- Thin walled or overwrapped pressure vessel design or procurement
- Spacecraft propulsion system design
- Methods for testing spacecraft pressure vessels
- Surface tension propellant management device design
- NDT techniques applicable to thin walled pressure vessels
Please apply for this vacancy on line at our careers site (www.jobs.airbusgroup.com) with your CV attached.
-- By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus Group using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus Group.
Airbus Group is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
To apply : click here