A vacancy for a Digital Test System Engineer has arisen within the Communication Products organisation of Airbus Defence & Space in Stevenage. The team you will be working within has the critical responsibility of designing test systems that validate the functional performance of our world-leading digital signal processors (DSPs) that are designed and manufactured within the Communications Product group.
Responsibilities will focus on requirements analysis, test system architecture, detailed design and implementation (hardware/software).
In this role you will be required to:
• Lead the design, development and validation of test system hardware to meet the challenging demands of production testing digital signal processor (DSP) technology used in space telecommunication payloads.
• Work with heritage test systems and commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) technology to create an automated test system that meets the demands of verifying the product requirements.
• Generate the overall "test solution" including hardware, software, test reports, procedures and results analysis.
• Work within a dedicated test system team and interact closely with product engineers and project managers to deliver test systems to cost, schedule and quality expectations.
• Support all test activities (including environmental testing) until final delivery of flight units to the customer.
• Assist in investigations into any test anomalies to rapidly determine the root cause and ensure that customer confidence in the product is maintained.
Education: Physics or Electrical/Electronic engineering degree, 2.1 or above.
• A background in test system design and build, with an emphasis on commissioning systems for industrial applications
• Strong understanding in RF test equipment and familiar with their operation, control and automation (e.g. spectrum analysers, AWGs, VNAs)
• Strong background of working within a product- focused environment.
• Experience of hardware/software integration testing.
• Software design experience (C/C++ and scripting languages such as Tcl/Python) in an instrumentation/test environment
• Commitment to delivering technical reports (test plans, design documents, test procedures), as required by the project team.
• RF design experience
• Knowledge and understanding of product CE marking
Airbus Group is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
To apply : click here