A position for an experienced Mechanical and PCB Design Engineer has arisen within the Satellite Equipment Engineering team of the Communication Products Group.
This role will be responsible for the physical realisation of electronic equipment designs for some of the highest performing RF and digital communication payload equipment available anywhere in the world, and to be part of the rapidly expanding UK space sector. You will be responsible for gathering and sharing information at a technical level with customers, suppliers, institutions and partners.
- Produce conceptual and detailed mechanical designs for electronic equipment.
- Layout printed circuit boards from approved schematics.
- Coordinate structural, thermal and radiation analyses of their designs by specialist engineers.
- Liaise with manufacturing engineers to implement Design for Manufacture.
- Produce manufacturing data and documentation including procurement drawings, assembly drawings and BOMs.
- Provide cost and schedule estimates for their mechanical design activities.
- Support fault finding investigations and implementation of process improvements.
- Work within the framework of company standards, procedures, and processes and maintain design files for all work undertaken.
- A degree qualification in mechanical engineering or a related discipline.
- Extensive experience in the use of CAD tools for Mechanical and PCB Design.
- Experience of Catia V5 / VPM mechanical design tool.
- Experience of Mentor Graphics Expedition PCB layout including DxDesigner and CES.
- Experience of Windchill or Teamcentre Product data Management tool.
- A knowledge of materials and processes associated with the production of high reliability electronic equipment.
- Experience of designing custom electronic equipment housings for high reliability applications in severe environments.
Please apply for this vacancy on line at our careers site (www.jobs.airbusgroup.com) with your CV attached.
-- By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus Group using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus Group.
Airbus Group is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
To apply : click here