WHO ARE WE?
GMV (www.gmv.com) is a privately owned technological enterprise group with an international presence employing more than 1.100 staff. Founded in 1984, GMV mainly operates in eight large sectors for both public and private organizations: Aeronautics, Space, Defense, Health, Security, Transportation, Telecommunications and Information Technologies.
GMV currently runs eight work centers in Spain: Tres Cantos (Madrid - headquarters), Boecillo (Valladolid), Seville, Barcelona, Valencia, Tenerife, León, Zaragoza and also work centers in Lisbon (Portugal), Rockville (Maryland, USA), Darmstadt (Germany), Warsaw (Poland), Bucharest (Romania), Malaysia, Toulouse (France) and New Delhi (India).
We recruit and hire excellent engineers, and encourage innovation, technical excellence and continuing education. Our engineers regularly present papers at technical conferences, continue their education (more than 85% have a master’s degree), and we re-invest more than 12% of budget in IR&D projects. This striving for excellence, innovation and flexibility is a major part of our culture. We provide very competitive compensation, attractive benefits, and a great work environment with lots of opportunities for professional growth.
Responsibilities/ Duties /Tasks
The holder of the post will support the Galileo Project Office in the activities of Ground Segment AIV (Assembly, Integration and Validation) that are carried out in the frame of Galileo Ground Mission Segment.
The responsibilities for the holder of the post are as follows:
Follow up of activities for deployed infrastructure
• Support the Fucino and Oberpfaffenhofen Coordination Meetings in all aspects related to AIV (test activities, anomalies, remote sites, installation and deployment, migration of elements). This includes follow-up during the week of the activities agreed and reporting of status at the end of the week.
• Support the ARB (Anomaly Review Board) and System NRBs in all aspects related to anomalies or NCRs from GMS
• Support the GCC CCBs (Change Control Board) of both Fucino and Oberpfaffenhofen
• Support the Workaround Check Point Meeting
• Contribute to various reporting to upper management on status of GMS, AIV and infrastructure deployed in GCCs and remote sites.
• AIV Engineering - Review AIV documentation (AIV Plans, RVMs, Test Cases)
• Follow up of GMS Segment Tests (in AIV Factory in Stuttgart; in GCC-I Fucino ; and in GCC-D in Oberpfaffenhofen)
• Contribute to Segment Qualification by
o providing confirmation that requirements have been correctly verified by the test runs
o Follow-up of non-conformances found during test, and prepare inputs for the relevant NRBs.
o Follow-up of non-regression test campaigns and repetition of tests to maintain qualification credits
• Support delivery of new releases of the Segment (DRB – Delivery Review Board) by
o Follow up of deployment of element SW and HW in the GCC
o Follow up the corresponding verification test campaign
o Follow up the configuration audit
o Ensure that non-conformancs and RFWs/RFDs are properly described and treated
o Support the DRB meeting
Support to System Verification Activities
• Support the following types of System Verification activities:
o Ground Segment Integration (including Mission Planning)
o System Functional Tests
o Tests of External Interfaces
o SCTC (System Compatibility Test Campaigns)
o Secure IOT (S-IOT) and SV Introduction tests
o Event Centralization tests
• by performing the following tasks:
o Review the corresponding documentation (System RVMs, System AIV Plans, System Test Cases and Test Procedures)
o Participate in the test activities (attend TRRs and TRBs, perform or witness test execution, review qualification test results and test logs)
o Participate in NRBs/ARBs analyzing non-compliances and RFWs
o Identify and report on anomalies impacting System activities and provide support for follow-up and resolution
o Coordinate with GCS for alignment of baseline
Liaison with OPS
• Follow up of OPS validation activities in VAL Chain
• Follow up of OPS activities in OPE Chain
• Coordination with OPS to facilitate GMS L2 maintenance in OPE Chain
• Ensure anomaly reports and limitations are properly followed up by the ground segment contractor
Location of work: ESTEC, with frequent travelling to other Galileo locations to follow other test campaigns, infrastructure deployment, project reviews or progress meetings.
• GCC-I (Galileo Control Centre of Fucino, Italy)
• GCC-D in Oberpfaffenhofen,
• AIV Platform placed in Ditzingen, Germany
• AIV Platform placed in Toulouse, France
Qualifications: Msc in any related discipline.
Experience in development and verification of large distributed ground segments
Fluency in English, both in speech and writing, with excellent communication, reporting and presentation skills
Self motivation, ability to work in international teams distributed throughout Europe
Good knowledge of operational environment and of needs of operators
Experience at system level, System thinking
More than 5 years of demonstrated experience working in integration/verification of large, distributed ground segments, preferably in space, aircraft, or military projects.
Demonstrated Experience related to developments in the Galileo project and its Ground Segment.
Good IT knowledge of modern client/server system, network security functions. End-to-end knowledge of complex data processing real time UDP data multiplexing.
Proven experiences with UNIX/LINUX, RT OS and IP networks,
HTTPS, FTP, UDP and SNMP.
MS Office Tools (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, MS Project, VISIO),
DOORS requirements management.
In view of the complex interaction with numerous entities, candidates should have good communication skills and the capability to manage complex and potentially stressful tasks. Good practical and analytical skills are also required. Demonstrated proactivity and problem-solving attitude are essential.
Security Clearance requirements
The appointment is subject to the selected candidate having or obtaining personal security clearance from his/her national security authority.
This work requires frequent travel within Europe
Familiarity with satellite control systems, in particular SCOS-2000
Some experience dealing with security environments
Capability for frequent travelling within Europe
The ability to multi-task efficiently; working on multiple activities, multiple subsystems and if applicable multiple missions simultaneously
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
As soon as they join the organization our professionals are given the chance to tackle technological challenges in an innovative environment, to work in multi-disciplinary teams and deal directly with clients. This helps them to mature quickly as professionals.
We provide continual top-up training to keep our career professionals perfectly abreast of all technologies used.
We offer a permanent contract and attractive package including a highly competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefits package.
If you would like to work in an interesting, fun, fast-paced, challenging, diverse and global company which is growing rapidly, please send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about GMV, please visit our website at www.gmv.com