OQ Technology is looking for a candidate for the position of an “Internet-of-Things Wireless Network Engineer” at its facilities in Luxembourg.
Below is a summary of the typical tasks required for this post:
- Produce technical requirements out of the customer requirements and identify the parameters associated with each requirement. These parameters will be part of the system design.
- Suggest possible telecommunication solutions to address the requirements, this includes protocols, network architecture … etc.
- Design on system level the ground IoT network from nodes up to gateways.
- Design the IoT telecommunication system of the spacecraft.
- Design the interface between the ground network and the spacecraft.
- Optimize the ground IoT network.
- Optimize the initial solutions and system design.
- Develop MATLAB and Simulink simulators and study the network traffic/ system performance.
- Develop signal-processing algorithms to optimize transceiver wireless communication and network traffic.
- Develop software and hardware test prototypes using embedded software systems.
- Based on the system requirements design a space segment SDR and iterate on the design until performance requirements are met.
- Support the design and build up of a user terminal.
M.Sc or Ph.D in Telecommunication/Electrical Engineering, Ph.D graduates are preferred.
- Experience as a solution architect for mobile or terrestrial wireless networks.
- Experience with low-power wireless technologies NB-IOT
- Experience with radio related test equipment (signal analyzers, network analyzers).
- Working experience with Software-Designed-Radio (SDR) systems and their programming.
- Solid understanding and experience with digital communication theory with emphasis on Bit Error Rate, EVM and System Noise Figure calculation, and Baseband processing and modulation.
- Experience with telecommunication embedded systems and microcontrollers and their programming.
- Hands on experience testing and assembling PCBs.
- Demonstrated understanding of RF concepts (noise, linearity, power, phase or frequency modulation, time and frequency access methods, etc…) and RF blocks (LNA, PA, PLL, ADC, Oscillator).
- Understanding of link budgets and RF system noise analysis
- Working experience with M2M communication, sensor networks, and/or SCADA systems.
- Previous experience with Matlab-Simulink blocks modeling
- Solid understanding of wireless sensor networks, wireless protocols and communication standards.
- Simulink and MATLAB user knowledge
Other skills that are desirable, but not essential, are as follows:
- Raspberry-Pi programming
- Digital Signal Processing Knowledge: such as Decimation, CIC IIR, CORDIC, RSSI block designs and functions.
- Schematic and layout using PCB design tools such as: Altium Designer
- RF design tools such as ADS, HFSS, or other tools
- Ability to analyze telecom system performance and link budgets.
- Knowledge and experience of Analog and Digital circuits from design phase up to implementation and testing using electronic components such as transistors, filters, power-supplies, ADCs, Op Amps … etc.
- Bus interface knowledge such as DRAM, CAN, I2C, Ethernet, SPI, FPGAs, ASICs, and microcontrollers.
Contact: CVs should be sent to: email@example.com