HE Space is a successful international space company. For over 30 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Ground Stations Maintenance Engineer to support our customer in Germany.
Ground Stations Maintenance Engineer
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
The Key person will be expected to acquire and maintain a System-wide view of the Ground Segment, particularly in the areas of spacecraft TT&C and payload data transfer. As part of the System Engineering and Projects Division, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Investigation and rectification of anomalies reported by the team;
- Interface with the maintenance services providers at technical level;
- Reporting on the performance of the Ground Stations and associated systems;
- Maintenance of operational Ground Stations procedures, databases and documentation in accordance with the configuration management and quality assurance practices;
- Attendance at the relevant coordination meetings to plan and schedule Ground Station activities ensuring compliance with Operational activities and constraints;
- Provision of Ground Stations support to operations during critical mission phases, pre and post launch (i.e. SVT, LEOP, IOT and contingency);
- Planning and scheduling the implementation, testing and validation phases;
- Providing technical support for the management of ongoing Ground Stations contracts including changes;
- Provide support to new programs in the areas of definition, development and integration of Ground Stations;
- Provision of support to the analysis of obsolescence and evolution changes to the ground stations.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- University degree (or equivalent) in an engineering discipline relevant to the job profile together with relevant experience;
- Ground Station design, integration and testing, particularly in the areas of Antenna, RF, Base Band and Tracking subsystems, including the generation of Requirement definition and ICD specifications;
- Implementation of relevant ECSS standards and CCSDS recommendations concerning Space Link Services and Space Link Extension (SLE) protocols;;
- Operation and configuration of various types of Baseband equipment including integrated TT&C and ranging systems (i.e. Cortex type) and High Data Rate Modulators and Demodulators;
- Maintenance and Operation of large Ground Stations particularly in Local and Remote M&C (including databases and automated procedures), redundancy management, Site Infrastructure and liaison with Service providers;
- Analogue and digital modulation/demodulation schemes used on the Ground to Space interface for TT&C, Mission data transmission and Data Collection Systems;
- Execution of Spacecraft interface verification testing, prior to launch in support of the SVT, and post launch in the form of RF IOT as part of Spacecraft Commissioning;
- In Orbit Test (I.O.T.) systems deployment knowledge;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Darmstadt. We welcome applicants who are available from May 2017 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send us your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Ms Veronika Horvath at email@example.com, quoting job DED-3409 before 03-Mar-17.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!
Please note: Due to work permit requirements for this position, please apply only if you are citizen of a European Union state or if you are eligible to obtain a work permit for Germany.