SES is the world-leading satellite operator with a fleet of more than 50 geostationary satellites. The company provides satellite communications services to broadcasters, content and internet service providers, mobile and fixed network operators and business and governmental organizations worldwide. SES stands for long-lasting business relationships, high-quality service and excellence in the satellite industry. The culturally diverse regional teams of SES are located around the globe and work closely with customers to meet their specific satellite bandwidth and service requirements. SES holds a participation in O3b Networks, a next generation satellite network combining the reach of satellite with the speed of fiber.
GovSat is a brand operated by LuxGovSat S.A., a public-private joint venture between the Luxembourg Government and SES, the world-leading satellite operator.
Our mission is to provide secure, reliable and accessible satellite communication services for governments – addressing the demand for connectivity resulting from defense and civilian security applications.
GovSat introduces a new type of geostationary satellite aimed exclusively at government and defense users and our 24/7 secure operations with security-cleared personnel and experts will further support the demands of institutional and defense applications.
MOC (Mission Operations Center) Controller
Role Description Summary
The position is responsible for the 24/7 support, management and monitoring of GovSat services, specifically supporting Governmental defence and Civilian/Institutional security communications.
The incumbent is expected to take ownership, diagnose and resolve service anomalies in both the RF Payload and IP domains as part of a predefined incident management process. He / She will also perform routine operational tasks such as spectral policing, trouble ticket management, service reporting and carrier line-up activities.
As a member of a multi-skilled shift team operating within a purpose built, GovSat Secure Missions Operations Centre, the incumbent will also support other GovSat operational systems involved in the service delivery chain.
Primary Responsibilities / Key Result Areas
* Maintain services to the highest possible standards, considering primarily service availability and quality through the use of automatic and manual monitoring and analysis systems
* Provide 24/7 service support to GovSat customers and/or users (Rotate shifts on 24-hour duty, 7 days per week)
* Ensure spectral policing of GovSat platforms and assets
* Operate GovSat managed platforms and associated networks (global scope) with the expectation of working with Network Management Systems (NMS) from multiples vendors in the IP domain
* Be accountable for the delivery of industry leading customer service
* Perform timely and effective troubleshooting and service recovery actions
* Perform line ups of uplinks as required
* Provide technical support to customers and/or users
* Create operational reports and statistics as required
* Ensure the availability and preparedness of GovSat monitoring systems for Data services
* Liaise with and escalate to Engineering support when required (Level 2)
* Perform other duties as required by management
We offer you:
* A diverse workplace, at GovSat we welcome different minds and different skills.
* An exciting job opportunity in a fast moving and fascinating industry.
* A competitive compensation package linked to your performance and further completed with attractive benefits.
* Strong aptitude for a systems approach to problem solving, and good analytical skills
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Strong customer / user focus
* High operational awareness
* Ability to work both in a team and independently as required (the incumbent will act as a lone worker during some shifts)
* Self-motivation, attention to detail and accuracy
* Flexibility and stress resistance
* Flexibility in working times
* Strong ability to set priorities
* Willingness and drive to continuously acquire new knowledge and skills
* Willingness to foster innovation to develop the working environment
* Fluency in English and any other languages will be considered as an asset
Qualification & Experience
* At least a Bachelor Degree in Engineering / Computer Science, or equivalent qualifications and/or experience
* Minimum two years of work experience in the Telecommunication Industry
* Experience in operating satellite platforms, including VSAT and associated systems
* Good knowledge of satellite communications techniques, architecture and protocols
* Knowledge of satellite communications, networking and/or IT systems
* Knowledge of RF Geolocation
* Understanding of IP networks and acquaintance with platforms and Internet infrastructure
* Working knowledge of Carrier Monitoring systems and functionality
* Working knowledge of systems and server infrastructure
Other Key Requirements / Comments
* Accurate reporting
* Understanding of the unique demands of working within the Governmental institutional area
* NATO/EU Secret clearance are mandatory
To apply : click here