SES is the world-leading satellite operator with a fleet of more than 50 geostationary satellites. The company provides satellite communications services to broadcasters, content and internet service providers, mobile and fixed network operators and business and governmental organizations worldwide. SES stands for long-lasting business relationships, high-quality service and excellence in the satellite industry. The culturally diverse regional teams of SES are located around the globe and work closely with customers to meet their specific satellite bandwidth and service requirements. SES holds a participation in O3b Networks, a next generation satellite network combining the reach of satellite with the speed of fiber.
Where others see barriers, we see opportunities.
Do you enjoy supporting customers realizing breakthrough value? Do you stay attuned to your customers’ needs and visions? Do you like to work openly and supportively together with your colleagues and customers? Our work involves many different minds and skills, it can’t be done alone.
It's a great time being SES.
SES is the world-leading satellite operator providing end-to-end communication solutions. SES leads across new technologies in video, enterprise, mobility and government
We are a team of people coming from all across the globe who work together to make a real difference in the world.
* We help to bridge the digital divide by connecting millions of people on the African continent.
* We make it possible for people to stay connected while flying 10km up on a commercial airplane. We provide extensive satellite coverage of all of the world’s seas and ocean regions via our dedicated mobility beams
* We distribute 7,400 channels to more than 1 billion people in 317 million homes.
* We work together with our partners to develop new standards that transform how people consume and enjoy entertainment.
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of the Ground Systems Engineering team in a fast-paced, global organization within an innovative and unique industry. Based in Betzdorf, you will contribute to specific satellite communications technology and measurements tools.
One or multiple of the following tasks shall be completed (final selection to be discussed during the interview):
* Develop a Mathlab simulation to analyse Teleport self-interference and cross interference with other terrestrial spectrum users
* Develop an automated 360 deg spectral density detector based on a rotating horn concept
* Develop an automated earth station antenna verification system
* Verify specific working point parameters of earth station equipment like converters or fibre optical transmissions systems
* Support the generation and verification of earth station level diagrams
Experience / Qualifications
* Being an advanced student in Electronics/Telecommunications/High Frequencies or in another relevant technical area; task could be designed as Master Thesis
* Strong interest in the media/telecommunication business and technical interest in satellites
* Excellent analytical and judgment skills; experience with Mathlab, VBA, Python or other programming language; experience in the fields of electronics and microwave
* Ability to set priorities and to work under tight deadlines
* Computer literate (MS PowerPoint, Excel, Access)
* Work independently as well as in a team; easiness to communicate at all levels
* Fluency in spoken and written English with additional languages considered an asset
* EU nationality or work permit for Luxembourg.
We offer you
* A diverse workplace. For SES, diversity is more than a question of gender or race; we welcome different minds and different skills.
* An exciting experience in a fast moving and fascinating industry. Our technology is launching into space on the next generation of rockets.
* The internship is remunerated. SES provides excellent sport facilities and a canteen on site.
SES is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply : click here