A requirement for a Project Manager (Spacecraft Equipments) has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Stevenage. The successful applicant will join the Proposals and Projects Group.
The primary role of this position is to ensure that the customer requirements flown down via a work order or contract are delivered On Quality, On Time and On Cost.
As such you will be the primary interface to the customer ensuring that robust WPs are delivered as required in-line with the project schedule and relevant phase and customer reviews.
You will be fully responsible for all aspects of the equipment/deliverables and ensure the allocated team delivers to the customer satisfaction.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will be to:
- Be the point of contact for customers, proposals and/or projects.
- Ensure proposals are bid in line with product strategy. Play an active role in bid/no-bid decisions.
- Ensure proposals are produced on time and effectively answer the RFP.
- Deliver programmes on time, on quality and in costs
- Ensure programmes effectively focus on mitigation of risk to result in successful completion.
- Drives the Project from proposal to delivery;
• Endorses Project goals and defines Development Plan
• Drives budgets, schedule, dependency analysis, risk management, and risk mitigation strategy
• Responsible for overall internal and contractual compliance to the product & project requirements
• Manages resources assignment within Core Team
• Implements project level Make-Buy analysis and decisions at item master level
- Leads and facilitates IPT Core Team;
• Drives development
• Sets Team / individual Project objectives
• Details WB Structures/Packages
• Triggers internal main Design Reviews
• Drives change control management and impact reviews (including ECOs)
- Coordinates stakeholder management;
• Centralises customer interface (proposal, Reporting,…)
• Provides Project reporting
• Liaises on cross project shared resources and facility conflicts
• Triggers and coordinates Phase Reviews
• Provides input to functional managers for Team Members performance evaluation
- Coordinate interface to selected extended project team members;
• Configuration management of project and manufacturing documents
- Ensure that proposals are supported and that lessons learnt are incorporated to allow cost models and reductions are continuous.
- Develop relationships with external suppliers.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills:
- Proven track record of delivering complex proposals under short timescales and delivering technical projects
- Should have an in depth knowledge of managing projects and people both locally and remotely
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills in communication, delegation and motivation
- To have good analytical skills to be able to challenge the core team constantly, achieving best value for the customer
- HND/Degree in Electronic Engineering or other relevant engineering subjects Please apply for this vacancy on line at our careers site (www.jobs.airbusgroup.com) with your CV attached.
-- By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus Group using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus Group.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
To apply : click here