RHEA Group is currently recruiting a Software Engineer to support our MOIS Support and Development team at in both RHEA and ESOC premises in Darmstadt, Germany.
RHEA’s MOIS product is an integrated set of software tools for spacecraft test and mission operation procedure preparation and execution. It is used by ESA on all current and upcoming missions and is also provided as a commercial product to the space industry, including prime contractors and spacecraft operators. The software is used for more than 80 satellites.
Tasks and Activities
As a Software and Support Engineer, your envisaged tasks and activities include:
• Providing high quality technical user support for the MOIS software tool to various spacecraft project and mission teams at ESA ESOC.
• Implementing mission-specific enhancements to the MOIS product.
• Taking ownership of technical issues, and working closely with the MOIS Development Team to resolve more advanced issues where necessary.
• Ensuring timely bug fixes and communication to the ESA/ESOC user community.
In addition to providing user support at ESOC, you will also be working closely with the MOIS Development Team in Darmstadt on a number of major software enhancements that aim to widen the scope of the MOIS product and integrate the latest technologies.
During the first years you will be mainly focussing on supporting the MOIS ESOC users, after 2 years your tasks will shift to contribute to other RHEA software development projects related to developing Space Ground Segment software solutions.
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
• University degree in Software Engineering or equivalent.
• At least 2 years of demonstrated experience in software engineering; more specifically, requirements analysis, system analysis and design and development, database (SQL) and XML design, web services, user interface design.
• Experience in technical document writing – notably, user requirements, design documentation, and test documentation.
• Strong knowledge of object-oriented and service-oriented design techniques.
• Required experience using:
● MS Office and MS Office development (macros, interop)
● MS Windows environment (registry, COM, etc.)
● Software Configuration Management (SCM) systems (e.g. SubVersion, Mercuria and Git)
• Desired experience using:
● XML, WSDL
• Software product support and maintenance experience.
• A client-oriented attitude and a willingness to provide user interaction and support.
• A dynamic and proactive attitude, with a strong commitment to the ongoing development and quality of the MOIS product.
• Excellent communications skills, with very good written and spoken English.
• Proven ability to work within a team.
• Previous experience working within the space sector will be advantageous.
How to Apply
Looking to take your career to the next level? Interested applicants should submit their CV and Cover Letter to RHEA’s Recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 01/03/2017.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of SECRET or above.
About RHEA Group
RHEA Group is a leading engineering consultancy firm with demonstrated expertise in space, system- and secure software solutions.
We attract skilled engineers, scientists and management professionals; and offer a range of exciting career paths working alongside clients such as the European Space Agency, the European GNSS Agency, EUMETSAT and NATO.