Are you a space industry professional looking for an exciting new career opportunity based within an international and dynamic environment? If the answer is yes then take advantage of this fantastic vacancy from EUMETSAT, Europe’s Meteorological Satellite Agency. Based at ESA-ESTEC, Netherlands, you shall act as deputy to the European Space Agency’s (ESA) Metop-SG Programme Manager. You shall be EUMETSAT’s representative in the Single Space Segment Team for technical and programmatic aspects maintaining close coordination with the EUMETSAT EPS-SG Programme Manager and his team.
This is a challenging and rewarding role related to the commissioning of both Metop-Second Generation (SG) proto-flight model satellites (2023)
Along with a university degree (or equivalent) in an engineering discipline you shall ideally have skills and experience in each of the following areas:
- Ten or more years professional experience in Space Segment engineering, procurement and management, preferably in the frame of an Earth Observation satellite development;
- Familiarity with the management of ESA development programmes and ESA procedures;
- Excellent interpersonal skills (oral and written) with proven ability to apply these to the interactions with teams having different or conflicting interests;
- Proven ability to understand/synthesise complex issues and appreciate conflicting interests;
- Strong analytical skills with the capability to propose the steps necessary to control risks and guide critical decisions.
To apply you must be a EUMETSAT member state national with a good working knowledge of the English language, both spoken and written.