Location: On-Site ESTEC, Noordwijk (NL)
The R&D Technology Engineer will support the Management and Implementation of the GSTP & TRP Programmes by carrying out the following main tasks:
• Evaluation of proposals for technology R&D activities on their technical merit, consistency and defined priorities.
• Preparation of the planning of the Technology programmes and of in-flight demonstration opportunities in close collaboration with representatives from technical support and programme departments.
• Monitoring of the implementation of the programmes and of activities, as appropriate, and provision of management information
as required. This also to pursue consistency with the Technology
End-to-End process and procedures.
• Monitoring of the consistency of the various Programmes/Initiatives with respect to other on-going technology programmes and defined industrial policy objectives.
• Follow-up and monitoring the conduction of concerted technology actions, mainly linked to the Technology programmes.
• Evaluation of the results and preparation of periodic overview publications.
• Operation of the associated management information tools and system databases.
• A University degree (MSc)) from a recognised Institution of secondary studies or equivalent qualification in Engineering (preferably space related), Business Administration or Economics.
• Familiarity and experience in the R&D area and technology development processes, in particular in the space sector, is a distinctive advantage.
• Knowledge of Programme/Project management and controlling methods and tools.
• Autonomy, authority and ability to interface with ESA staff at all levels.
• Demonstrated ability to analyse and synthesise complex information.
• Good verbal and written communications.
• Rigor, commitment and reliability in the execution of the assigned tasks.
• Proactive attitude to solving problems, identify priority actions and to handle high workload.
• Familiarity with modern electronics office automation tools (e.g. Microsoft Office suite)..