Airbus Defence and Space Stevenage are recruiting a Functional Validation Engineer within The Checkout Systems division. (TSOTC) The division provides a central competence for Functional Verification (FV), Functional Verification Infrastructure (FV-I) and Engineering & Ops. [SW] Products, for spacecraft platforms, payloads and equipment.
This role sits within FV - FV relates to all activities for verifying & validating a system from a functional perspective. In the UK, this means responsibility for the resourcing and technical aspects of FV implementation for Earth Observation, Navigation & Science missions such as Exomars rover and Solar Orbiter.
FV implementation covers the testing of the following subsystems: Attitude and Orbit Control (AOCS), Data Handling (DHS), Failure Detection and Incident Recovery (FDIR), Payload and System Control.
The successful candidate will join one of the project teams (Solar Orbiter or Exomars) as an FV engineer and will participate in the preparation, implementation, execution and anomaly resolution of functional tests on simulated and real-time test benches. In this context, functional testing covers the following subsystems: Attitude and Orbit Control (AOCS), Data Handling (DHS), Failure Detection and Incident Recovery (FDIR), Payload & System Control.
Training on the specific processes and tools used by Airbus DS for this purpose will be given as necessary, through a combination of dedicated classroom training plus one-to-one support.
- Establish the necessary and sufficient configuration to perform the FV task
- Validation of the functional chains through end to end open loop tests (AOCS, DHS, ...)
- Validate the nominal and reconfiguration functions of the sub-assembly through closed loop tests
- The development and debug of Automated Test Procedures (ATP) and scripts, in ELISA language, working within a specified process and utilisation of Templates and FV Tools against a test specification – this will include co-engineering with the various project architects and domain specialists.
- Execution of the ATPs on the various test benches together with test data analysis and Test Report Compilation – this will include liaison with specialist areas for result data analysis, technical management and Product Assurance (PA).
- Investigation of anomalies and diagnosis – determination of root cause (equipment, environment model, software flight, test bed, data bases, procedures, tests specifications, simulators).
- Provide expertise and support to OPS/AIT/ design architect/system engineers
- Engineering degree or equivalent in relevant subject (aerospace, electrical, automatic control, …)
- Basic software programming and Scripting such as Bash, C, Java
- Unix / Linux – administration, script development, etc
- Effective at working in a multi-disciplinary international team
- Experience in an Avionic / Functional Validation / Testing (or closely related) domain
- Experience of one or several space systems: AOCS, DHS, FDIR, Thermal, Power…
- Knowledge of ESA ECSS standards
- Knowledge of Data bus (1553, CAN, SpaceWire…)
Please apply online for this vacancy using your eRecruiting profile with your CV attached.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
To apply : click here