SES is the world-leading satellite operator with a fleet of more than 50 geostationary satellites. The company provides satellite communications services to broadcasters, content and internet service providers, mobile and fixed network operators and business and governmental organizations worldwide. SES stands for long-lasting business relationships, high-quality service and excellence in the satellite industry. The culturally diverse regional teams of SES are located around the globe and work closely with customers to meet their specific satellite bandwidth and service requirements. SES holds a participation in O3b Networks, a next generation satellite network combining the reach of satellite with the speed of fiber.
Role Description Summary
This project related position will primarily support the development and validation of our Universal Customer Interface (UCI) for ticket management, asset tracking and Service-level agreement (SLA) reporting based on Open Source Ticket Request System (OTRS).
The incumbent will also support the integration of UCI with the proprietary Monitoring & Control (M&C) solution of SES Techcom Services for the operational support of SES TechCom S.A. commercial services.
Primary Responsibilities / Key Result Areas
* Support the specification, implementation and validation of new UCI functionalities
* Support the integration of UCI with other Operational Support Systems such as M&C and SAP
* Support the configuration and deployment of integrated Open Source System (OSS) solutions for SES Techcom Services new commercial services
* Support the attraction of new projects for SES and SES Techcom Services: in cooperation with the sales team, contribute to the preparation of international tenders and proposals
* Participate in the customization and improvement of operational support systems for customer projects
* Define tests for new requirements and functionalities
* Develop and execute automated unit and functional non-regression tests
* Manage product documentation and configuration
* Monitoring, awareness and evaluation of relevant technological developments, market trends, competitive factors, customer requirements, standardisation licensing and regulatory aspects
Qualification & Experience
* Master Degree in System/Software Engineering, or equivalent qualifications and experience
* Have minimum one year of experience in telecommunication sector
* Advanced Information and Communications Technology (ICT) knowledge with experience in Linux and Perl
* Experience in AngularJS and REST; experience in Wildfly and mobile development (iOS/Android) is considered as an asset
* Experience in Open-source Ticket Request System (OTRS), Network Monitoring Systems (NMS) or other Operational and Business Support Systems (OSS/BSS) is considered an asset
* Understanding of Virtualization platforms including VMware, Cloud Computing, Software Build System, Ticketing Systems
* Fluency in English; any other language is consider as an asset
* Willing to travel internationally
We offer you
* A diverse workplace. For SES, diversity is more than a question of gender or race; we welcome different minds and different skills.
* An exciting job opportunity in a fast moving and fascinating industry. Our technology is launching into space on the next generation of rockets.
* Opportunities to further grow and develop in a global and growing company; we believe life-long learning is key to bring the best of SES worldwide.
* A competitive compensation package linked to your performance and further completed with attractive benefits.
SES is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
To apply : click here