SES is the world-leading satellite operator with a fleet of more than 50 geostationary satellites. The company provides satellite communications services to broadcasters, content and internet service providers, mobile and fixed network operators and business and governmental organizations worldwide. SES stands for long-lasting business relationships, high-quality service and excellence in the satellite industry. The culturally diverse regional teams of SES are located around the globe and work closely with customers to meet their specific satellite bandwidth and service requirements. SES holds a participation in O3b Networks, a next generation satellite network combining the reach of satellite with the speed of fiber.
Where others see barriers, we see opportunities.
Do you enjoy supporting customers realizing breakthrough value? Do you stay attuned to your customers’ needs and visions? Do you like to work openly and supportively together with your colleagues and customers? Our work involves many different minds and skills, it can’t be done alone.
It's a great time being SES.
SES is the world-leading satellite operator providing end-to-end communication solutions. SES leads across new technologies in video, enterprise, mobility and government
We are a team of people coming from all across the globe who work together to make a real difference in the world.
* We help to bridge the digital divide by connecting millions of people on the African continent.
* We make it possible for people to stay connected while flying 10km up on a commercial airplane. We provide extensive satellite coverage of all of the world’s seas and ocean regions via our dedicated mobility beams
* We distribute 7,400 channels to more than 1 billion people in 317 million homes.
* We work together with our partners to develop new standards that transform how people consume and enjoy entertainment.
Manager, Market Development
Role Description Summary
The position is responsible for the project management and lifecycle of existing and new products, primarily in the Governments & Institutions (G&I) segment.
The position is at the epicenter between Sales, Technology and Markets and require to maintain a strong relationship with all internal and external suppliers and partners throughout the entire end-to-end service value chain (Luxembourg-national and International research and supporting organizations such as the European Space Agency (ESA), Luxembourg Institute of Science & Technology (LIST), Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt (DLR), Qinetiq, LuxGovSat S.A., SES Engineering, O3b, SES Business Development Department, SES G&I Vertical, the Ministry of Defence of different countries).
The position is also responsible for the development of strategic business and R&D opportunities that will drive SES Techcom Services’ mid-term revenues. The incumbent will have to focus his / her mission on the development of new business in the frame of military satellite programmes.
The position also includes responsibilities for the development of new products in the e-government, e-education and e-health domain.
Primary Responsibilities / Key Result Areas
* Ensure product management and go-to-market of communication solutions so that they can be commercialized on a global geographic scope
* Establish new products and services including the idea generation, value proposition, concept development and market testing in close coordination with the internal technology teams and external partners
* Develop new products and services on the basis of existing and planned SES satellites and or payloads including LuxGovSat S.A. (e.g.: Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) managed services, Automatic Dependent Surveillance - Broadcast (ADSB))
* Manage relations with national and international research and supporting organizations such as the European Space Agency (ESA)
* Be instrumental to the development of new business in the frame of military & institutional satellite programmes, manage and enable SES Techcom Services and SES strategic interests with regards to upcoming tendering processes
* Analyse the requirements of the armed forces/emergency services looking out to 2030+ and propose system solutions which will meet the needs of the armed forces/emergency services
* Attract SES Techcom Services contracts by supporting the various request for proposal (RFP) phases like proposal preparation, proposal handover and proposal negotiation
* Establish and follow through product business cases
* Manage product features and development roadmaps of the G&I product portfolio (covering the full eco-system and life cycle of the product)
* Ensure that existing products and services follow market demand and continue to match customer expectations
* Promote awareness and create demand for relevant products through customer visits, speaker opportunities, product demos etc. at events, conferences and other suitable occasions
* Lead cross-functional teams across business (internally and externally) incl. customers and market partners
* Be accountable for the market success of the product /service
* Provide inputs for weekly report preparations
* Financial acumen, ability to evaluate and establish Product Business cases
* Strong project management skills (incl. budget management)
* Proven communication capabilities
* Strong analytical sense
* Good self-starting qualities
* Innovative spirit and be business proactive
* Proactive approach towards potential and/or current customers
* Good management skills in a multicultural and interdisciplinary set-up
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
* Be bold and perseverant
* Ability to think ahead
Qualification & Experience
* Master Degree in RF, Electronics, Telecommunications Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent qualification or experience
* At least 10 years of professional experience in engineering and implementing telecommunications systems including at least 5 years’ experience in defence related programmes
* Experience in managing institutional and governmental relationships, both at national and international level
* Expertise in satellite based communication solutions and technologies (incl. networking devices, protocols and technologies, IP Delivery Platforms)
* In depth experience in designing and implementing telecommunications systems
* Sound experience with cryptographic systems
* Ability to rapidly prototype systems to demonstrate proof of concept to external and internal customers Experience in working with highly classified material
* In depth understanding of product/project related managing and financing
* Excellent working knowledge of Lotus Notes, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project
* Fluency in English, any other language is considered as an asset
* Willing to travel internationally
* NATO Secret security clearance is mandatory / UK clearance is considered as an asset
Other Key Requirements / Comments
Main interfaces to other departments: SES Techcom Services Commercial Department, Sales
We offer you
* A diverse workplace. For SES, diversity is more than a question of gender or race; we welcome different minds and different skills.
* An exciting job opportunity in a fast moving and fascinating industry. Our technology is launching into space on the next generation of rockets.
* Opportunities to further grow and develop in a global and growing company; we believe life-long learning is key to bring the best of SES worldwide.
* A competitive compensation package linked to your performance and further completed with attractive benefits.
SES is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply : click here