SES is the world-leading satellite operator with a fleet of more than 50 geostationary satellites. The company provides satellite communications services to broadcasters, content and internet service providers, mobile and fixed network operators and business and governmental organizations worldwide. SES stands for long-lasting business relationships, high-quality service and excellence in the satellite industry. The culturally diverse regional teams of SES are located around the globe and work closely with customers to meet their specific satellite bandwidth and service requirements. SES holds a participation in O3b Networks, a next generation satellite network combining the reach of satellite with the speed of fiber.
Where others see barriers, we see opportunities.
Do you enjoy supporting customers realizing breakthrough value? Do you stay attuned to your customers’ needs and visions? Do you like to work openly and supportively together with your colleagues and customers? Our work involves many different minds and skills, it can’t be done alone.
It's a great time being SES.
SES is the world-leading satellite operator providing end-to-end communication solutions. SES leads across new technologies in video, enterprise, mobility and government
We are a team of people coming from all across the globe who work together to make a real difference in the world.
* We help to bridge the digital divide by connecting millions of people on the African continent.
* We make it possible for people to stay connected while flying 10km up on a commercial airplane. We provide extensive satellite coverage of all of the world’s seas and ocean regions via our dedicated mobility beams
* We distribute 7,400 channels to more than 1 billion people in 317 million homes.
* We work together with our partners to develop new standards that transform how people consume and enjoy entertainment.
We are looking for an:
Asset Manager in Satellite Industry
The Asset Management Team allocates capacity to customers’ services and optimizes the utilization of SES in-orbit assets across the global fleet for the mutual benefit of our customers and SES. The Asset Manager role requires regular interaction with multiple internal stakeholders.
The position is within the Development organization as a part of its Fleet Development & Yield Management department.
Primary Responsibilities / Key Result Areas
* As part of the pre-sales process, advise on capacity availability
* Allocate capacity to services in the lead-to-order process
* Maintain data integrity within the systems and tools used by Asset Management.
* Identify potential opportunities for improved utilization of satellite capacity
* Optimize available capacity in close cooperation with Commercial, Product Management and customers (as required), through reassignment of existing services and/or satellite reconfigurations
* Support implementation of HTS (as required)
* Coordinate with the respective Commercial and Product Management teams, and Transition team (as required) on capacity assignment issues, working particularly closely with Sales Engineers to define solutions to transponder loading issues
* Assign capacity for Occasional Use services. Manage the Occasional Use inventory in light of demands for full-time services
* Provide fill rate figures and available capacity analysis for the assigned subset of the SES fleet
* Provide input to the pricing approval process (as required)
* Develop relationships with respective Commercial and Product Management teams with a view to obtaining current market perspectives on space segment technical and commercial requirements
We offer you
* A diverse workplace. For SES, diversity is more than a question of gender or race; we welcome different minds and different skills.
* An exciting job opportunity in a fast moving and fascinating industry. Our technology is launching into space on the next generation of rockets.
* Opportunities to further grow and develop in a global and growing company; we believe life-long learning is key to bring the best of SES worldwide.
* A competitive compensation package linked to your performance and further completed with attractive benefits.
SES is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to communicate effectively with customers and colleagues
* An attention for detail, together with analytical and financial acuity required
* Demonstration of the ability to be a team player, take initiative and be flexible is essential
* An ability to organize, prioritize and handle multiple time-sensitive tasks in a demanding environment
Qualification & Experience
* Bachelor's degree in engineering or equivalent education or demonstrable equivalent work experience in lieu of formal qualifications
* Minimum of seven years of professional experience, preferably with two or more years in the satellite or telecommunications field
* Ability to work well in a multi-cultural, international environment
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English other languages are an asset
To apply : click here