SES is the world-leading satellite operator with a fleet of more than 50 geostationary satellites. The company provides satellite communications services to broadcasters, content and internet service providers, mobile and fixed network operators and business and governmental organizations worldwide. SES stands for long-lasting business relationships, high-quality service and excellence in the satellite industry. The culturally diverse regional teams of SES are located around the globe and work closely with customers to meet their specific satellite bandwidth and service requirements. SES holds a participation in O3b Networks, a next generation satellite network combining the reach of satellite with the speed of fiber.
Where others see barriers, we see opportunities.
Do you enjoy supporting customers realizing breakthrough value? Do you stay attuned to your customers’ needs and visions? Do you like to work openly and supportively together with your colleagues and customers? Our work involves many different minds and skills, it can’t be done alone.
It's a great time being SES.
SES is the world-leading satellite operator providing end-to-end communication solutions. SES leads across new technologies in video, enterprise, mobility and government
We are a team of people coming from all across the globe who work together to make a real difference in the world.
* We help to bridge the digital divide by connecting millions of people on the African continent.
* We make it possible for people to stay connected while flying 10km up on a commercial airplane. We provide extensive satellite coverage of all of the world’s seas and ocean regions via our dedicated mobility beams
* We distribute 7,400 channels to more than 1 billion people in 317 million homes.
* We work together with our partners to develop new standards that transform how people consume and enjoy entertainment.
Product Manager - Oil & Gas - SES0885
SES has introduced four Market Solution Centres (MSC) as an overlay to the existing regional structure in order to better serve the rapidly evolving growth verticals: Video, Enterprise, Mobility and Government, this role is part of the Mobility group.
The incumbent will help position SES as a world leader in mobility infrastructure and satellite-based mobility solutions, focusing on Oil & Gas solutions. They will contribute to the generation of profitable long term revenues and increase SES’s market share in global mobility and will implement new value propositions for multiple stakeholders in the global mobility segment. The role will complement the Aero and Maritime areas of the MSC focusing on developing the large potential market of Oil & Gas based mobility solutions.
Data Mobility Market Oil & Gas Value Proposition Implementation:
* By assessing and identifying potential opportunities for commercialization and thereafter developing products and solutions according to strategic initiatives and customer requirements.
* Support the development of the business case products by coordinating with finance, legal and marketing and ensuring the availability of necessary resources to develop the ideal product ecosystem (space and ground infrastructure, platforms, modem, tools, antenna etc.)
Product and Life-Cycle Management:
* Oversee the life-cycle of all Oil & Gas Mobile products & solutions including:
* evaluate and integrate customer feedback into product development and innovation Establish and ensure cross-functional coordination with SES departments and entities as well as customers leading to product implementation
* product introduction, input to/marketing campaigns, pricing strategy
* engage in manufacturer/vendor relationships by ensuring the most competitive sourcing of technology and developments for the new products
* promote awareness and create demand for relevant products and solutions through customer visits, speaker opportunities, product demos etc. at events, conferences and other suitable occasions
* develop customer case studies to illustrate SES product benefits to customers and facilitate product adoption
Data Mobility Market Oil & Gas Technical Support:
* Analyze engineering literature and formulate written material to clearly communicate technical concepts to decision makers
* Responsible for deal flow process ensuring that the appropriate access products at the appropriate price are included in offer to the customer
* Initiate, prepare and deliver product/solutions training activities; organize workshops across SES key offices
* Manage and establish detailed KPIs reporting to senior management per product/ solution
* Technical responses to RFIs, RFPs, customer presentations
* Innovative and entrepreneurial mindset
* Drive, engagement and creative thinking to bring new concepts to the front
* Strong analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills
* Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
* Outstanding written, verbal communication and presentation skills
* Solid knowledge of IP networking, Switching, routing, and compression technologies
* Hands on experience with stabilized mobile VSAT equipment
* Demonstrated understanding of QoS configuration
* Sound knowledge of offshore voice networking techniques
* Ability to deal with multi-disciplinary stakeholders (technical, finance, commercial, legal)
* Able to produce meaningful market assessments and recommendations
Experience / Qualifications
* Master’s Degree in Engineering, Telecommunications, or related fields. Engineering Degree shall ideally complemented by a MBA or Masters in Economics or related fields
* Minimal 7 years work experience in the Data Mobility industry ideally focussed on Oil & Gas solutions.
* Proven ability to work with Data Mobility customers to identify their requirements, develop and shape applicable SES end-to-end solutions, and deliver relevant programs, services, and product offerings
* Advanced IP Networking skills: network design/architecture, network engineering, network operations and management, routing and switching, VOIP, QoS firewalls, servers
* IP Networking – Technical Certifications Desired
* Advanced RF/Satellite Skills: digital signal processing, earth station operations, earth station design, Monitor and control systems
* IP Stakeholder experience: Oil & Gas, Regulators, Vendors IP Application Providers
* Sound understanding of satellite technology and in particular satellite ground equipment and systems
* Understanding of HTS technology to design products accordingly Strong understanding and experience of the buy-in process of the Data Mobility customers
* Fluency in English required. French, German, Spanish as well as other languages are considered as additional assets
We offer you
* A diverse workplace. For SES, diversity is more than a question of gender or race; we welcome different minds and different skills.
* An exciting job opportunity in a fast moving and fascinating industry. Our technology is launching into space on the next generation of rockets.
* Opportunities to further grow and develop in a global and growing company; we believe life-long learning is key to bring the best of SES worldwide.
* A competitive compensation package linked to your performance and further completed with attractive benefits.
SES is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply : click here